RegisterDonateLogin

Health warning: May increase the risk of Sith Rage in certain drinkers.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lots of Rules Questions Part 13 Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2021 11:54:00 PM
Groups: Member

Hello everyone,
I am back at it again with some more ruling questions that I need clarification on.

1) Does Never Tell Me The Odds stop Sense the Future? Does it also stop Recon?

2) Does the character with Con Artist still need to trace to the commander effect they chose or can be inside a closed area and still benefit from it?

3) For the Wampa Coordinated Strike ability, can the allied Wampa move to attack if it can using Coordinated Strike? I can't tell with the wording? Or is an allied Wampa only able to make an attack from its standing spot if it can?

4) Can I still use Qui-Gon Force Ghost's commander effect to move left over Force points to someone else if the Force user dying is the one Qui-Gon Force Ghost is attached to? Or since they died, does he disappear before his commander effect can go through?

5) Can you use Rolling Cleave if there is no enemy to attack just to use the free movement?

6) This specific case happened like this: I am using Republic Mon Mothma for the free attack after my follower gets KO'd. I have them holding on door and an attacker kills them. Do they get to make the free attack after dying with Mon Mothma? Would the door close since they died and now they would not see the target when they make their parting shot?

7) Does General Kenobi and Chief Tarfful's commander effects stack to give wookiees extra speed? So with Chief Tarfful, my wookiee would have Speed 8 and can then use General Kenobi to move an extra 2 squares for a total of moving 10 squares and still being able to attack, correct?

8) If a character already has Cleave and gain Rolling Cleave, would the two stack to attack 2 separate enemies after knocking out one?

Thank you in advance for any help with these questions! BigGrin
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2021 3:15:37 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

BZNintendo wrote:

1) Does Never Tell Me The Odds stop Sense the Future? Does it also stop Recon?

NTMTO stops Special Abilities only. So it stops Recon but not Sense the Future, since Sense the Future is a Force Power and not a Special Ability. Note that the term "abilities" includes both Force Powers and Special Abilities, but there are only about a half dozen places where the term "abilities" pops up. Usually, the rules to either Special Abilities or Force Powers.

Quote:

2) Does the character with Con Artist still need to trace to the commander effect they chose or can be inside a closed area and still benefit from it?

They can be anywhere on the board and benefit from it.
Quote:

3) For the Wampa Coordinated Strike ability, can the allied Wampa move to attack if it can using Coordinated Strike? I can't tell with the wording? Or is an allied Wampa only able to make an attack from its standing spot if it can?

Only make an attack from its standing spot. It is like Princess Leia's commander effect in that respect.

Quote:

4) Can I still use Qui-Gon Force Ghost's commander effect to move left over Force points to someone else if the Force user dying is the one Qui-Gon Force Ghost is attached to? Or since they died, does he disappear before his commander effect can go through?

This is a good question. I don't know, so I'm going to go to the "Resolving Effects" list to find out. The link to it is at top right of this page:
http://swmgamers.com/SWM/SWM%20Rules%20Main.html
http://swmgamers.com/SWM/Rules/ResolvingEffects.html

I'm pretty sure these are both "when defeated" effects, which would be step 13 of the Resolving Effects list:

13. Resolve any remaining "when defeated" effects such as Impulsive Shot, Impulsive Sweep, Self-Destruct, Cleave, Rolling Cleave, Mon Mothma's commander effect, and so on. Use the simultaneous effects rule as usual.

Double-checking... Light Spirit says, "This character is defeated if the chosen ally is defeated." And his CE says, "Whenever a Unique follower with a Force rating is defeated by an enemy..." Yep, so both of them are triggered when the ally is defeated. So the simultaneous effects comes into play... the acting player decides the order of the effects. The opposing player would normally be taking a turn (and killing Qui-Gon's ally), and would decide whether their own effects trigger first or the Qui-Gon effects trigger first. But both of these effects belong to Qui-Gon's side. So the enemy will choose whether to trigger his own stuff first or let Qui-Gon trigger his stuff first, but the Qui-Gon player gets to decide the order of these two effects. And the Qui-Gon player would naturally choose to resolve the CE before resolving the Spirit's death.

Short answer: the CE still works.
Quote:

5) Can you use Rolling Cleave if there is no enemy to attack just to use the free movement?

Both parts of rolling cleave are optional.
Quote:

6) This specific case happened like this: I am using Republic Mon Mothma for the free attack after my follower gets KO'd. I have them holding on door and an attacker kills them. Do they get to make the free attack after dying with Mon Mothma? Would the door close since they died and now they would not see the target when they make their parting shot?

Door status only changes during the door check, which happens at the end of the turn. (Or when using an ability that specifically changes door status, such as Satchel Charge.)

So the door is still open and Mon Mothma's CE can be used.

Quote:

7) Does General Kenobi and Chief Tarfful's commander effects stack to give wookiees extra speed? So with Chief Tarfful, my wookiee would have Speed 8 and can then use General Kenobi to move an extra 2 squares for a total of moving 10 squares and still being able to attack, correct?

Yes. Or move 18 squares and not attack.
Quote:

8) If a character already has Cleave and gain Rolling Cleave, would the two stack to attack 2 separate enemies after knocking out one?

Yes. Same name abilities that only differ in number (e.g. Opportunist and Opportunist +20) do not stack. But abilities with similar (but different) names do stack.
BZNintendo
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2021 5:30:41 PM
Groups: Member

Awesome, thanks so much FlyingArrow!