RegisterDonateLogin

Crit to hit.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Restricted Map List Options
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 6:49:37 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Where's the map?! Mad

Usually I'm missing one little detail and someone enlightens me...and I'm hoping that is true for this.

I went to the Community section, checked SWGamers, the old lists, JediCartographer, etc...but I cannot seem to find the up-to-date restricted map list.

The 2017 list on Gamers doesn't match up to what I'm seeing listed on the player events lately.

I just want to know what is legal now and where I can get the maps. Even just a digital view of each.

Am I missing something? Confused
Help me Obi-Wan...
(and thank you!)
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2021 7:06:55 AM
Groups: Member

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Where's the map?! Mad

Usually I'm missing one little detail and someone enlightens me...and I'm hoping that is true for this.

I went to the Community section, checked SWGamers, the old lists, JediCartographer, etc...but I cannot seem to find the up-to-date restricted map list.

The 2017 list on Gamers doesn't match up to what I'm seeing listed on the player events lately.

I just want to know what is legal now and where I can get the maps. Even just a digital view of each.

Am I missing something? Confused
Help me Obi-Wan...
(and thank you!)

Sticky in the main forum
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2021 8:12:08 AM

I checked the current floor rules...which align with the SWM Tournament Maplist from March 2015.
However, in one recent game posting, the maps listed there do no match the restricted map list...?
I wasn't sure if this was the poster/organizer just picking maps, but I thought it said the list was per the Vassal restricted list.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2021 11:49:47 AM
Groups: Member

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=29960

General Forum. Sticky. about 8th thread down
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2021 4:48:46 PM

The floor rules document hasn't been updated in a long time. Balance committee and map rotation are the only things that have changed.

Anyone want to make us a new PDF?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 8:23:05 AM

Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction.
However, trying to find the map images, let alone where to get the non-WOTC ones has been a long rabbit trail.
The only one I haven't found is the Starport District.
Does anyone have a link to or image of this one?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 9:53:43 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction.
However, trying to find the map images, let alone where to get the non-WOTC ones has been a long rabbit trail.
The only one I haven't found is the Starport District.
Does anyone have a link to or image of this one?

I'd just log onto Vassal and grab the images from there. All the restricted maps are there.

All of the non-WotC maps are from either Christopher West (username: Mapmaker; store name: Maps of Mastery) or from Matt Francella and people he has worked with. Matt's username is JediCartographer, he at one point released maps as ArmoredCartographers (one of his collaborators had the username ArmoredGear), and for a long time has been Adventurer's Atlas.

Chris has a web storefront: https://maps-of-mastery-store.myshopify.com/

Matt had a site at gamingmaps.blogspot.com for a long time but it looks like it's down. He frequently has things on ebay, though, and is easy to contact via facebook. His big releases usually end up on Kickstarter. His most recent map on the Restricted list is Starport Terminal, which is available for purchase here:
https://www.nobleknight.com/P/2147770379/Double-Sided-Map---Omega-Citadel

Starport District is also one of Matt's maps but is several years old. He sells (almost) his whole catalog as a digital bundle. I'm sure it's in there if you don't want to venture into Vassal.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 10:39:12 AM

I thought of logging into Vassal to do just that...I guess it gives me a reason to update and get back on that...and maybe play a bit in the near future. (last games on Vassal were in a sealed booster league back in JA days I believe)

Thanks again for the info. I've grabbed maps from JediCartographer in the past...but that was WAY past.

Once I get all this info, since I've been digging into it and bugging you all about it...I'll try and put together an updated visual map list that can be posted. Unless Kezza beats me to it...
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 11:48:12 AM

You should reach out to kezza to see what he has. The one I have up on swmgamers is from 2014 and is a visual guide of all maps through 2014. I know kezza made map guides for future seasons that just had the restricted list for each season. I think he did that through 2018 or so. And he also has an updated table that lists all the maps and when/where they were released. He just didn't do another comprehensive PDF will pictures of all the maps since 2014 (that I know of). So check with him before re-doing too much work.

Actually, I might have that table with a complete list of all the maps on my computer at home. I'll check for you later tonight.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 12:13:58 PM

I did download the 2014 and 2017 ones.
I can create these pretty simply and quickly (have access to art software)...but I will reach out to him.
Let me know what you find and I'll go from there.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 2:08:56 PM

Just checked. I don't have it. But I remember helping Kezza fill in some spots in that table, so I know he has a lot more info that just through 2014.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 2:14:48 PM

I did just update this thread, though:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&m=223598
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 10:51:59 AM

Here is something quick and simple as a visual guide...
Map List 2021 A
Map List 2021 B

(not sure if the links will work...let me know if they do/don't)
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 12:14:35 PM

Just checking to see if the links worked?
And if this was helpful at all?
Needs more info?