RegisterDonateLogin

Routinely gets delusions of grandeur.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Force Defense Options
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 5:57:57 AM
Groups: Member

this came up the other day i was playing a friend and i had the exile and atton rand and a czerka to set up attons attack and my friend had grand master luke i mover the exile within 6 of master luke and then won ini for 6 attacks from atton now gml has lightsaber defence and the exile can do force defence on one of them. do i have to declare im doing force defence before or after GMLS rolls his save?
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 6:00:21 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Before. Force Defense must be used when the power is declared and before the effect is resolved. I believe this is under the Resolving Effects section of the FAQ.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:50:40 AM

Weeks wrote:
this came up the other day i was playing a friend and i had the exile and atton rand and a czerka to set up attons attack and my friend had grand master luke i mover the exile within 6 of master luke and then won ini for 6 attacks from atton now gml has lightsaber defence and the exile can do force defence on one of them. do i have to declare im doing force defence before or after GMLS rolls his save?

Forget this post
kenred2
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:56:27 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
Weeks wrote:

As sithborg stated this is in the faqs.. You can use force defense after seeing if GMLS fails the LSD save or not, just as long as you use it before another attack from atton. So you can wait for the other player to roll the light saber defense roll, if he makes the roll then you can cancel it out with force defense..

I believe Force Defense happens upon declaration before the ability is used. If someone were to declare to use Lightsaber block and spend a fp... you then declare to force defense to cancel the force (such as lightsaber block) before the save of a roll is ever made.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 8:03:29 AM

Your right Kenred2, hmm i checked the faqs & noticed that, to think i been using it wrong all this time, as ken said you must declare to use force defense the minute GMLS uses LSD, sorry for the wrong answer..
Jester007
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 8:06:19 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
As sithborg stated this is in the faqs.. You can use force defense after seeing if GMLS fails the LSD save or not, just as long as you use it before another attack from atton.

Not correct there DP buddy. When a Force Power is used (ie. after both being declared it is going to be used and the expenditure of Force Points to use the power), anyone with Force Defense or Force Absorb then has the option to use that Force Power to stop the first power from taking place.

Say that Vader, Unleashed does his LST 5 on Chewbacca with Yoda of Dagobah within 6 squares of Vader. Let's then say that Vader scores 2 critical hits on Chewy, you cannot use Force Defense on it then. The saber has already been thrown and done it's damage.

But if Yoda decided to use Force Defense right as Vader was winding-up for the throw (ie. after using the Force Points for it but before actually resolving the power), then Vader would just be sitting there looking a fool like Tobey Maguire in Spiderman when his first tries to use his web. "Up up and away saber! Fly! Shazam!"

Sincerely,
Jester007
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 8:54:21 AM

LOL
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 10:53:41 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Darth Percocet wrote:
As sithborg stated this is in the faqs.. You can use force defense after seeing if GMLS fails the LSD save or not, just as long as you use it before another attack from atton. So you can wait for the other player to roll the light saber defense roll, if he makes the roll then you can cancel it out with force defense..

I am curious how you got this from my answer?
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:10:30 PM

Sithborg wrote:
Darth Percocet wrote:
You can use force defense after seeing if GMLS fails the LSD save or not, just as long as you use it before another attack from atton. So you can wait for the other player to roll the light saber defense roll, if he makes the roll then you can cancel it out with force defense..

I am curious how you got this from my answer?

As mentioned already, i was wrong, it was a complete typo & im sure everyone noticed that isnt what you stated, thanx for bringing it up again lol..
Weeks
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:08:48 AM

thanks guys thats how we ended up playing it but it would be sweet if it was the other way lol