RegisterDonateLogin

Chocolate milk, strawberry milk. A Jedi craves not these things.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Is Anyone Else Having This Problem On Bloomilk? Options
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 9:17:05 PM
Groups: Member

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
SS is nice and all, but when you make your Lobot my legal Target, you make my triple override Beastly.

Yeah, more uggie demos what have put a waste to the override there ser
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 5:21:35 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

If you are using an internet connection with a dynamic IP address, especially dial-up, you will almost certainly have a different IP from time to time. Some else using the same provider could end up with an IP you had previously.

Not too far-fetched to have random users showing up on your page if you take that into consideration. Still weird with how far apart some of those examples are...

Shinja, I think you could drop this feature
(or make it private and/or so admins can see it if need be).
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:44:29 AM

Well, im glad someone could explain this problem so i dont look like a complete liar. As far as dropping 1's to get my squads on the top 5, everytime one of my squads makes the top 5, its gonna become private, i tried handling this issue myself with a bad choice of words in the other thread, & it back fired.. so good luck with it, im making my stuff private & im done with this untill its resolved..
saeseetiin
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:48:24 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
Well, im glad someone could explain this problem so i dont look like a complete liar. As far as dropping 1's to get my squads on the top 5, everytime one of my squads makes the top 5, its gonna become private, i tried handling this issue myself with a bad choice of words in the other thread, & it back fired.. so good luck with it, im making my stuff private & im done with this untill its resolved..

I will not make my squads private I just think that the person who is doing it wants us to do that keep the 1's comming.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 8:52:50 AM

like my squads say...
Im not afraid of ones.
i know some of my squads suck.
but i also know that some of my squads have gone 6-0, making them a ten in my book for effectiveness.
if someone wants to be a "Hater", let em.
chances are, theyre squads suck more.
billiv15
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 9:11:14 AM

I say, stop obsessing over what are ultimately completely meaningless ratings. I don't agree that these have anything to do with actual critique, nor do they have anything other than an extremely minor effect on the visibility of your squads to the others on the site. There really is no reason to care about it this much, and if you didn't (or at least didn't tell everyone each week how much you do), you wouldn't be drawing the attention of trolls. I will still argue that I've gotten way more one votes on my squads than you, and you don't see me on here, each week starting a new thread on the topic. I hope this is the last one in fact.
saeseetiin
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 9:13:34 AM

billiv15 wrote:
I say, stop obsessing over what are ultimately completely meaningless ratings. I don't agree that these have anything to do with actual critique, nor do they have anything other than an extremely minor effect on the visibility of your squads to the others on the site. There really is no reason to care about it this much, and if you didn't (or at least didn't tell everyone each week how much you do), you wouldn't be drawing the attention of trolls. I will still argue that I've gotten way more one votes on my squads than you, and you don't see me on here, each week starting a new thread on the topic. I hope this is the last one in fact.

This dosen't change the fact that the person who is doing it is a loser
kenred2
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 9:18:50 AM

It's tough to see your own squads get 1's, believe me, I know exactly how it feels. But in due time, just let it go and not let ratings on squad builds get to your head, such pride for ratings will only hurt you more in the future (especially if you try hard to be on top 5, it shouldn't be the case). Building a squad is something you alone should be proud about, don't let ratings effect you otherwise because that's really all it is. If you play it and you enjoyed the squad build, you alone should not take ratings into account. Comments are welcomed and important because it's good to have a 2nd opinion, and to look at situations that you might overlooked when creating that squad. I too have squads that have 1's and I didn't mind (before it was an issue, but as time goes on, it's not important). When I built something, I share it because I feel this squad fits my style of play, my personality, etc. The important thing that we should all recognize is why should ratings effect you what you think of your own squad build? If you know it works for you, keep it that way.... playing SWM isn't about a popularity contest... it's about how you understand your squad and you as a player piloting that squad is important. Because if your squad wins, do you really want ratings to effect how you are as a player? Think about it....
Don't get me wrong, rating system is good to have on Bloomilk... it's an equivalent of having an opinion, you either accept that opinion, or move on.

And to address the problems from multiple account from users in your account, it resides on ip addresses. For example, if I log into a computer from a LGS, it picks up the people who are already registered in the names accordingly to bloomilk. It might not be your computer, but if you use a computer that's already registered with a different name, it'll pick up.