RegisterDonateLogin

Will make point five past lightspeed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Kazden Pratatus Options
Yames2.0
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:30:04 PM
Groups: Member

yea that little awsome guy thats a unique mini and amost impossible to beat on the hardest diffculty in the game (at least on the xbox herd hes easy on ps2/wii who knows)
but down to the real question (after a story of course) his droid reserves 30, as much as i love this abilty and every now and then u can pull off some nice moves like the other day won int with a 20 surprised moved 6 towards the ossus guradian was 8 away now 2 with 30 life left and droped in a t1 bulk loader and a BDO hiting him for 40 saving quinlion vos who then could use momentum and kill leia.

Is it realy worth it? does the droids in the next set bring alot more to his plate?

Or do u think hes still ganna be that guy u play for fun when u feel like puting a bit of luck into the game ( at least thats how i see him, if u see diffrent id love to hear it cuz i love this little guy)
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:35:20 PM

He'll pretty much always be a "for fun" piece for one primary reason: You get points for killing Reserves.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:35:45 PM

He never really will be a competitive piece, but roll hot and you can give your opponent fits.
billiv15
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:56:59 PM

I'll take up the challenge. I personally love Kazdan. And I think some of the new options really do help him out in significant ways. For example, he can bring attacking mice. That T1 can hit for 50. You can go for quad (5 with Gha in there) override in one round lol. Also, the new CEs synergize well with Kaz himself. Momentum and Rolling cleave can really help him. As can the new Obi with extra attack. It really just depends on how you want to run him.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 2:05:48 PM

Welll droids can get double now and the LR can be dropped down and move still getting double/twin off. Odds are the BDO is on the board so the droid is 10 for 20 twin/double. the roger roger droid giving droids plus 10 damage is huge. the damage output for droids is amazing now.They can get missiles 30 now too.They have a repair 30 droid now too. I think Kazdan can win a local event if he couldnt before. The ARF trooper with stealth and recon can get ss with Barraca if needed. We still have one more droid to see.
Yames2.0
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 2:13:10 PM

i realy think the arf will help him thow i love vos a cheap 11 point stealth recon is realy a nice bonus to the republic
Hydrowhip
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 3:33:10 PM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
....They can get missiles 30 now too.They have a repair 30 droid now too....

Is this something from the SWgamers site? Or have I missed something here on the milk?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 3:40:08 PM

Check the General Skywalker topic.
Hydrowhip
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 5:52:19 AM

Sweet thanks, EmporerDragon.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 6:29:10 AM

I think that Kaz is a competetive piece.
ill tell you why. 5 10 15 20.
30 points of droid reserves.
thats a Destroyer-
bulk loader-
battle droid officer
super battle droid commander
Hk-50 10 mouse droids etc....great droids to have for your reserves
if you have recon on your squad, you can try to get any of those rolls, and make nothing but legal targets out of all f them ( minus the battle droid and super commanders.)
youlll frustrate your opponent to no end, if played right.
ive done it.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 10:43:42 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

He is pretty sweet at 100, especially as Barzillai has shown. However, he really struggles at the higher levels for multiple reasons. His Reserves has much less impact at the higher levels than 100. At 100, you are essentially getting another 30% of your squad, whereas you are only getting 20% at 150, and only 15% at 200. It takes a lot more points to overwhelm your opponent at those levels. And when the Reserves counts towards victory points, it is really tough to keep up the momentum Kaz can bring. He can only get better as he gets more options.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 12:22:29 PM

Sithborg wrote:
He is pretty sweet at 100, especially as Barzillai has shown. However, he really struggles at the higher levels for multiple reasons. His Reserves has much less impact at the higher levels than 100. At 100, you are essentially getting another 30% of your squad, whereas you are only getting 20% at 150, and only 15% at 200. It takes a lot more points to overwhelm your opponent at those levels. And when the Reserves counts towards victory points, it is really tough to keep up the momentum Kaz can bring. He can only get better as he gets more options.

agreed.
with these new sep droids coming out, playing with kaz will be even better.
whenever i pull in droid reserves, i usually go with a Destroyer to start it off.
shields 2 are always a nice benefit to have in the gambit. but if he gets smoked, thats 30 points for your opponent.
DarthLegend
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:13:42 PM

with roger roger and the commander effect from commando droid captain it would def. be worth it !!
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:42:21 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I like Kaz, Quinlan Inf., Wicket and an Ugg at 100.
Haven't done a Rebel build yet - plenty to work with there :)

The new options will be fun for sure!
Mickey
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:10:35 PM

I love this piece. I have only played him in casual play. I got 3 reserves in a row and my opponent gave up (we were playing to kill everything).