RegisterDonateLogin

For those days when your overconfidence is your weakness.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Trade offers and no responce. Options
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:20:44 AM
Groups: Member

I just would like to comment on something. If you are going to offer me a trade/I offer you one, please do not wait 2 weeks to respond to an offer and expect that offer to still be up. If I don't hear anything from you with in a reasonable amount of time the trade offer has probably already been completed by other means. You can not get mad that the original off is void. I am sorry this is not directed at any one person, but it just drives me nuts...
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:32:56 AM

Im gonna have to agree with Tony on this.
i have had numerous instances where someone has offered me a trade, come close to a deal, then not hear from that person for a week or so.
then they hit me up expecting me to honor the trade, even after i have messaged them asking "whats going on with this trade".
trade etiquette is in the top of the list of this forum, and i will suggest that people read it thoroughly.
a trade is finalized when both parties have exchanged addresses, mutually.
there has been a couple of cases where people who aren't on this site very often, bartyring a trade, then forcing their address on you, even when the trade isn't agreed upon. if you end up not trading with that person, they get huffy and puffy and threaten to put you on the BTL.
of course its not that easy to have someone put on there, but the audacity of the individual is outrageous.
another thing.
if you have trades up, and someone says (I don't think your darth revan is worth a Vader unleashed and a Palpatine on Throne, this is what ill give you for your Revan...)
and its not even close to what you want, report them. they are trying to make you think that you are ripping someone off in a trade, and in turn, they try to rip you off. i cant tell you how many times this has happened to me.
im sorry, but its a form of scamming, and its unacceptable.
heres the thing, if that person thinks you are unfairly wanting those pieces for the one that you have, why would that person want to trade with you to begin with.
some people think they're slick on here, and i hope that no one goes through that.
DarthJak
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:45:03 AM

A simple " no thank you" is enough.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 8:40:18 AM

DarthJak wrote:

you would think it is, but some of these guys are too aggressive.
i have ignored atleast 4 people in the last 2 weeks, and the total messages i had from them were around 20-25, making it hard for me to even work out my other trades. because i have to sift through all the mail from them.
i know there is no simple solution for this, but it gets frustrating when a member acts like a crack head.
swmimperial130
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 2:08:51 PM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
DarthJak wrote:

you would think it is, but some of these guys are too aggressive.
i have ignored atleast 4 people in the last 2 weeks, and the total messages i had from them were around 20-25, making it hard for me to even work out my other trades. because i have to sift through all the mail from them.
i know there is no simple solution for this, but it gets frustrating when a member acts like a crack head.

How Rude!!! They are methheads sillyRazz
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:37:46 PM

Thanks for the input! Yeah, a simple "No thank you" should be enough... The thing that gets on my nerves is when people either 1) expects you to trade something that is long past the last line of communication, and 2) Wants to find anyway they can in make you think that your coming off of something that is going to benefit you and is really going to end up shorting you in the end. All of is this is a load of crap. That is one reason that I put on my account "Will trade for bloomilk value only" I do understand that cost are not always right, but it is a lot better than check out 4 different sites and taking the highest sell for trade value.