RegisterDonateLogin

Still effective inside Thrawn's Force bubble.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

New Map Pack ideas perhaps? Options
jediinexhile
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:27:13 AM
Groups: Member

This idea just came to me; feel free to let me know if this is a good idea? I am going to make customs for all of these, stats and miniatures so let me know. Thanks.

Map Pack 4
Possibility “The Force Unleashed”?

Map Pack 4
Kazadan’s Junkyard or mock temple and Skyhook
Characters:
-Kota’s Militia or another version of Kazadan/Kota
-Galen Marek, Jedi

Map Pack 5
Felucia Forrest and Felucia Pit
Characters:
-Felucia Shaman
-Maris Brood/Bull Rancor

Map Pack 6
Death Star Emperor’s Throne Room and Cloud City
Chacters:
-Starkiller, Sith Lord
-Shadow Guard or Battle Damaged Vader…
DarthLegend
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:10:10 PM

the felucia forrest and pit is a great idea !! i think that would be awesome to play on !! and the death star would be crazy too !! in the junkyard i think that if you had so many just broken pieces of scrap everywhere so there would be so much cover, it would be so hard to get a clear line of site..would be INSANE!! would totally be down for a challenge like that !!
swmimperial130
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:54:54 PM

DarthLegend wrote:
the felucia forrest and pit is a great idea !! i think that would be awesome to play on !! and the death star would be crazy too !! in the junkyard i think that if you had so many just broken pieces of scrap everywhere so there would be so much cover, it would be so hard to get a clear line of site..would be INSANE!! would totally be down for a challenge like that !!

I'll call my buddy at WotC and have him make us some.....I wishCrying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
darkjacen
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:33:37 PM

Those are some great ideas.BigGrin The Raxus Prime temple/Kazdan Paratus' junkyard sounds really intriguing. Just think of it. A map full of difficult terrain and cover. Or the Emperor's Throne Room with a cordoned off area for a one-on-one Lightsaber duel between Vader and his apprentice...sweet.
joelker41
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:48:44 PM

A workable Korriban Map with an OR Revan and a Sith Force Spirit (can't remember the one that was from the game's name) would be awesome.

jediinexhile
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 6:03:46 AM

Here are my thoughts on a Felucian Shaman, Warrior and Chieftain...

Felucian Shaman
Fringe

HP- 70
Def- 17
Atk- 10
Dmg- 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Twin Attack
Parrry

Cloaked

Force Powers
Force 1

Force Renewal 1

Force Heal 20

Commander Effect

Allied Felucian Characters gain Cloaked and Force

Renewal 1.

Felucian Warrior
Fringe

HP- 60
Def- 19
Atk- 11
Dmg- 20

Special Abilities
Twin Attack
Parrry

Cloaked

Cunning Attack

Force Powers
Force 2

Force Renewal 1

Felucian Chieftain
Fringe

HP- 100
Def- 20
Atk- 13
Dmg- 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Twin Attack
Parrry

Cloaked

Rapport (Non-Unique Felucian characters cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character)

Force Powers
Force 2

Force Renewal 1

Force Blast 2 Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 30 damage. Save 11, to reduce damage by 10.

Commander Effect

Allied Felucian characters gain Advantageous Attack and Speed 8.

jediinexhile
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 6:12:18 AM

General Kota

Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 6:28:57 AM

lovin' Kota.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 2:18:39 PM

Lovin' Kota, but not lovin' Vader's Apprentice. If the video game is based around using outlandish Force powers on waves of faceless opponents, why does he only have Force 5?
jediinexhile
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 10:03:58 AM

Here is a revised Galen Marek...Enjoy...BigGrin
bountyhunter9
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 10:53:59 AM

Man that Shien Style Mastery is powerful. He could single-handedly take out a squad with something like that combined with his combat skills and Force powers. I would change it to affecting non-adjacent enemies only, or change up the saves a bit.
darkjacen
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 12:58:18 PM

Nice idea on the shien so Style. I have one question though, why against all attacks? Shien So was defensive but for non-melee combat. I suggest you change it to non-melee attacks only. It would still have the defensive might of Soresu (which the original style was based on anyway) and the more offense-minded Shien. Good work by the way.BigGrin
jediinexhile
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 5:35:43 AM

Thank you all by the wayBigGrin ; reading the Shien style on Wookiepedia game me this concept.
Not giving Marek Djem So or Soresu I decided to give him an ability that combines offense with defense, it was meant not to be broken but to be powerful. This ability I think reflects the ability for one to use their opponents attacks against them reflecting/parrying with both characters having to make saves which if I'm not mistaken is what Shien is all about.

Yes, the other point is this ability (Shien Stlye Mastery) combined with being able to push 4 is extremely deadly. I've been play testing him lately with some of my friends and Marek does very well against everyone except LV or GML.

Giving him Soresu allows for shooters to base him and tear him apart, so naturally I wanted him to have a chance of deflecting/blocking melee and non-melee alike. Granted the point is well noted that this ability is very powerful; if you give Marek MOT2 after Kenobi dies, then yes is gets a lot worse. But then again the same holds true for the new Kenobi after Qui-Gon dies.

On another note I will have a picture up soon for the custom Felucian Chieftain.
DarthReeves
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 5:49:13 AM

jediinexhile wrote:
Here is a revised Galen Marek...Enjoy...BigGrin

I love the unorthodox style. Definitely would be on the top of my most wanted list. Very very cool. How about the Sith ghost you fight in Force Unleashed on the Wii? Can't recall her name. Twilek I thought...good stuff though man.
bountyhunter9
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 10:01:42 AM

jediinexhile wrote:
Giving him Soresu allows for shooters to base him and tear him apart, so naturally I wanted him to have a chance of deflecting/blocking melee and non-melee alike. Granted the point is well noted that this ability is very powerful; if you give Marek MOT2 after Kenobi dies, then yes is gets a lot worse. But then again the same holds true for the new Kenobi after Qui-Gon dies.

Yeah, but the difference between the new Kenobi and your Marek is that Kenobi has Force 5, Marek has FORCE RENEWAL 2. The combination of MotF2, FR1, and Mettle on GOWK was broken. This guy doesn't have Mettle or MotF, but he can gain either. Either, combined wit FR2, would be broken. All you have to do is run the other 120+ points of your squad normally, doing as much damage as they can, and then run this guy out with like 20 Force points, and it's pretty much game over. Any huge damage dealer without any kind of defense (Darth Bane comes to mind) will be slaughtered against this guy.

My suggestion for Shien SM is to make it only against non-adjacent enemies - the Wook said that if focused on blaster fire.
carnorjax1
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 11:56:28 AM

cool map packs! If the cloud city one came with uggie demos only, people would buy it like crazy.
jediinexhile
Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2009 6:45:01 AM

Here are revised stats for Marek...taking away the Push 4, Renewal 2 and Twin attack. Please feel free to share your opinions. BigGrin

Galen Marek, Champion of the Light
Rebel

HP- 130
Def- 23
Atk- 11
Dmg- 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Double Attack
Flurry Attack (Whenever this character scores a critical hit, he can make 1 immediate extra attack)
Deadly Attack
Djem So Style Whenever this character is hit by a melee attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker.
Shien Style When hit by a non-melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11 and the Attacker takes damage equal to the prevented damage, save 11.
Loner +4 Attack if no allies are within 6 squares
Opportunist (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has activated this round)
Stealth
Unorthodox Fighting Style

Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Lightsaber Block
Force Speed Force 1: This turn, this character can move through enemy characters without provoking attacks of opportunity and 4 extra squares as part of its move
Force Throw 3 Force 3, replaces attacks: range 8; 30 damage; push back target 4 squares if Huge or smaller, if the pushed target runs into another character or wall it and the other character take another 20 damage.
Force Lighting 4 Force 4, replaces attacks: range 6; 50 damage to target. Huge or smaller characters are considered activated this round; save 16

Removed Greater Mobile and Lightsaber Reposte.
bountyhunter9
Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2009 7:57:23 AM

jediinexhile wrote:
Here are revised stats for Marek...taking away the Push 4, Renewal 2 and Twin attack. Please feel free to share your opinions. BigGrin

Galen Marek, Champion of the Light
Rebel

HP- 130
Def- 23
Atk- 11
Dmg- 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Double Attack
Greater Mobile Attack
Flurry Attack (Whenever this character scores a critical hit, he can make 1 immediate extra attack)
Deadly Attack
Djem So Style Whenever this character is hit by a melee attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker.
Shien Style When hit by a non-melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11. On
Loner +4 Attack if no allies are within 6 squares
Opportunist (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has activated this round)
Stealth
Unorthodox Fighting Style

Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Lightsaber Block
Lightsaber Reposte
Force Speed Force 1: This turn, this character can move through enemy characters without provoking attacks of opportunity and 4 extra squares as part of its move
Force Throw 3 Force 3, replaces attacks: range 8; 30 damage; push back target 4 squares if Huge or smaller, if the pushed target runs into another character or wall it and the other character take another 20 damage.
Force Lighting 4 Force 4, replaces attacks: range 6; 50 damage to target. Huge or smaller characters are considered activated this round; save 16

This version seems much more balanced, though he has a lot of special abilities (probably wouldn't fit on a card). I would suggest dropping two or even three of them, if you can/are willing to. The custom Force powers are cool. Overall, nice work, though I think your definition of Shien Style is incomplete, it ends in "On"LOL
jediinexhile
Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2009 1:49:32 PM

Whoops, sometimes my mind forgets to put the words in the right order or I just completely space it...I went back and rewrote the error; thanks for the heads up. BigGrin
jediinexhile
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2009 8:22:25 AM

Here is a revised stat card for Marek, Felician Chieftain pic and a custom Marek. Enjoy!!

Galen Marek, HOTR 3.5

Custom Galen Marek

Felucian Chieftain

Sarlacc (Why not?)