RegisterDonateLogin

How wude!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

does wizards use our ideas? Options
shatterpoint7
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 1:31:09 PM
Groups: Member

i made a calo nord custom because i thought he wasn't properly represented.
i published it on bloomilk a couple months ago and won a custom contest.
so now calo and cad have the same stats, and both have twin, bh + 6, and evade.
coincidence or did wizards decide to use my idea to make a $40 fig?

calo nord, bounty hunter
cost 37
hp 80
df 19
at +10
dm 20
Special Abilities
Unique
Bounty Hunter +6 (This character gets +6 Attack against Unique enemies.)
Grenades 40 (Replaces attacks; range 6; 40 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target; save 11.)
Avoid Defeat (Whenever this character would be defeated, make 2 saves, each needing 11. If both succeed, this character has 10 Hit Points instead of being defeated.)
Evade (When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11.)
Quick Draw (If this character is targeted by a non-adjacent enemy, this character may attack that enemy, immediately before he is attacked, save 11)
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, he makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Deceptive (+10 Damage against an enemy who has activated this round)

cad bane
cost 54
hp 80
df 19
at +10
dm 20
Unique
Flight (Ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects, and pits when moving)
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Bounty Hunter +6 (+6 Attack against Unique enemies)
Evade (When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Greater Mobile Attack (Can move both before and after attacking. This character can make extra attacks even if he moves this turn, but he must make them all before resuming movement)
Stealth (If this character has cover, he does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, he makes 1 extra attack against the same target)

Volvagia14
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 1:33:57 PM

I think, on some line, they (might) listen to the fans(a little bit...)

But I think it is completely coincidental
Jester007
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 2:10:46 PM

The only thing that suprised me about Cad Bane was giving him Stealth. The Double, Twin, Greater Mobile with Flying doesn't (I was wondering when they would finally crest that hill). But when you give a guy like Cad Bane Stealth ontop of that.... he's going to be owning many a people. He may be able to bring down GML by himself; now imagine if he has things like Opprotunist, Accurate, FPs, etc. The only balancing factor is his HP, but you shouldn't have to worry too much with his manuverability.

Sincerely,
Jester007
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 2:20:07 PM

you know years ago I got a custom Revan from sabor Creator.

Once I got him I made a custom card and stats. I then put them in the thread for minis we would like to see on Wizards.

Lo and behold Wizards makes a mini of Revan. Other than cost of the mini it is almost an exact match down to special abilities and force powers.

Did they copy mine??? Probably not. They just probably had some of the same thoughts I did about he should function. Well except for the cost. I would say it is more of testament to you catching on how they make minis more than them copying you. Remember they make these minis a year ahead. They have already finished Dark Times. They are now working on Masters of the Force.
xx carna6e xx
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 2:22:15 PM

Jester007 wrote:
The only thing that suprised me about Cad Bane was giving him Stealth. The Double, Twin, Greater Mobile with Flying doesn't (I was wondering when they would finally crest that hill). But when you give a guy like Cad Bane Stealth ontop of that.... he's going to be owning many a people. He may be able to bring down GML by himself; now imagine if he has things like Opprotunist, Accurate, FPs, etc. The only balancing factor is his HP, but you shouldn't have to worry too much with his manuverability.

Sincerely,
Jester007

well he is sneaky, just look at he preview where hes dressed in clone armor
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 8:05:46 PM

to some degree, they listen to what we have to say (FloBi anyone?)
billiv15
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 1:48:37 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:

. Flobi was made and finished well before the GOWK issue came up.

What we do know now, is that part of the reason WotC was hesitant to change SSM was possibly due to their knowledge of Flobi. But even that is a guess.
Lobar Aybock
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 4:28:23 AM

I'm not sure about custom stats, but they do make stuff from the What Minis Do You Want To See Thread over on Wizards. I've seen several suggestions from my own list get made (most recently the Imperial Sentinels and the Dejarik pieces).
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 6:31:29 AM

billiv15 wrote:

What we do know now, is that part of the reason WotC was hesitant to change SSM was possibly due to their knowledge of Flobi. But even that is a guess.

really?
i thought they kinda just went flying by the seat of their pants for each set.
Wizards should have known then, that GOWK would have been an extremely debatable issue.
billiv15
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 12:47:56 PM

billiv15 wrote:

really?
i thought they kinda just went flying by the seat of their pants for each set.
Wizards should have known then, that GOWK would have been an extremely debatable issue.

Not sure if that was an attempt at sarcasm, or a serious response. Either way, I will answer. Peter Lee has just finished Dark Times (we don't know if that was exclusively, primarily, or partly his work or not) and is working on MotF as of now. It's also possible that Rob did some work on MotF as well, but I believe that these will be the first sets with Peter's handiwork on them.

Which if you do the math, represent roughly one year from now :) And considering Rob always said he worked on a 12-18month timeline, Flobi was done well before April 09, and likely was being done before GOWK was even released to the public. Further, the hub bub didn't hit the boards hard until April when Rob issued the Errata to SSM.
dalsiandon
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 4:21:52 AM

As for stats and stuff I doubt they pay too much attention. They do clearly look over the list of figs we'd like to see sticked on te top of the WOTC board as many of the minis we have have come from there encluding more then a few of the obscure ones. I agree with Dean when it comes to stats, we as players have a feel for a character and that feel is not unique to us.