RegisterDonateLogin

Almost untouched by CGI.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Conditional CEs Options
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 6:42:31 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

With CEs like JDT and Eli Vanto's, which only come into existence if certain conditions are met, are those characters still considered commanders even if the conditions are not met? I feel like the answer should be no, but I hear the argument for the other side.
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 7:23:32 PM

Example from Eli
Quote:

If a character named Thrawn, Chiss Emissary is in your squad, for the rest of the skirmish this character gains the following commander effect:
Chiss allies gain Clear Strategy

At first I agreed with you, if the conditions aren't met, the character shouldn't be a commander because they don't gain the commander effect.

But now that I'm thinking about it, they'd still have the first half of their commander effect even if they don't gain the second, useful CE, right?

You'd need a special glossary ruling for them to qualify as followers, I think. Which would be nice, but RAW I think they're commanders regardless of the squad build.
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 7:29:18 PM

If the commander effect conditions were build into special abilities, they'd be followers when the conditions weren't met. Which makes me think they were designed to be commanders intentionally.