RegisterDonateLogin

Occassionally maybe thinks you're all right...when you aren't acting like a scoundrel.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

mouse droids question Options
slvader77
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 5:30:54 PM
Groups: Member

when you view the mouse driod profile and click the synergy providers
it only shows grevious' +4 to defense it doesn't say anything about the +4 to attack or twin. I know some are creating squads with a bunch of mouse droids to be able to attack at +8 for 10 dmg and twin can anyone enlighten?
Roque Saber
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 5:40:51 PM

It's probably not shown simply b/c the mouse droid normally doesn't have any damage, so attack bonuses would be useless.
juice man
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 4:32:55 AM

It's the upcoming Battle Droid Sergeant: Ability--Roger Roger gives non-unique droids within 6, +10 damage.
DarthJak
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 4:58:17 AM

juice man wrote:
It's the upcoming Battle Droid Sergeant: Ability--Roger Roger gives non-unique droids within 6, +10 damage.

that SA needs an errata to change it to a droid that HAS damage more than zero can benefit from Roger Roger.IMOWink

edited to be more correctBlink
Mandelmauler
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 7:05:51 AM

Just to be clear: Every character has an attack; some just do not have any damage printed on their card.

You probably want Roger-Roger to apply only to characters with non 0 damage. Unfortunately, the precedent is there for Cammassi Nobels (with 0 damage) to attack with new Thrawn opportunist.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 7:11:46 AM

DarthJak wrote:
juice man wrote:

that SA needs an errata to change it to a droid that HAS an attack can benefit from Roger Roger.IMOWink

whats the matter Jak?
you dont want Moussies shootin at you a bunch of times?
Bless yer Heart
Darth Percocet
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 7:12:55 AM

Remember it like this, a mouse droid relay's every single part of a Ce, dont matter if the figure has 5 commander effects granting, the mouse droid can hold them 5 also unlimited amount from other commanders, Now the mouse droid getting Roger Roger (the +10 Damage) he's able to recieve it because his relay isnt a CE, he relay's CE's from a special ability point of view, he never really gains a ce, so therefore he would still be considered a follower, same goes with being able to relay the double attack the commander droid grants, you could use 1 mouse droid to relay it to another mouse droid.

So remember that Relay Order's is a SA, the mouse droid doesnt really gain the commander effect, he relays it as a special ability, so he will always remain a follower, so therefore he is able to recieve commander effects.
headache62
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 10:22:11 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:

So remember that Relay Order's is a SA, the mouse droid doesnt really gain the commander effect, he relays it as a special ability

Huh? There is no "relays it as a special ability." (or maybe I'm just not understanding what you are saying)

The SA "Relay Orders" lets you count range for a CE from the Mouse Droid. The MD itself is a follower. It is true (at least I think) that the MD is not subject to the CE's it is relaying, but they still can get CEs from different sources (such as a CE relayed from another MD).

But with the "Roger Roger" SA, the MD can attack at Dam 10.
DarthJak
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 10:37:58 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
DarthJak wrote:
juice man wrote:

that SA needs an errata to change it to a droid that HAS an attack can benefit from Roger Roger.IMOWink

whats the matter Jak?
you dont want Moussies shootin at you a bunch of times?
Bless yer Heart

Cursing that's blasted up! Angry I doubt Wizards meant to create swarms of deadly mouse droidsConfused
juice man
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 12:24:32 PM

DarthJakThumbsUp
Say one has 10 mice at +10 dam, +12 attack, double, and twin.
That's 40 shots a round from a bunch of mouse droids!
I like it, but it's silly.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 2:24:47 PM

Mandelmauler wrote:
the precedent is there for Cammassi Nobels (with 0 damage) to attack with new Thrawn opportunist.

The precedent was established long before that. It was set back in RotS with Polis Massa Medics & Zabrak Fringers using the CEs of Captain Antilles, Mon Mothma, and the Charigran Mercenary Commander to damage foes.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 5:49:43 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Ahhh...history. BlooMilk
Just when you thought something was new...
"young whipersnappers don't remember when ol' Capt'n'tilles would help dem dere Polis Medics to attack..."
Wink
billiv15
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 6:03:14 AM

And further, those who think there has to be some errata, I wouldn't count on it :)

Seriously, swarms of mice aren't going to be an issue. First reason is, that very very few people have more than 10. Second, they do a massive 10 dmg if they hit, and they still only have 10hps. One Luke's Snowspeeder, Lancer, Anakin on Stap, Yodabuck, DR10 figure, Disruptive figure, especially a Kyle, Vong with CA, figure with shields, stealth, etc and they are worthless. Its not like you don't see a tournament run without any of those types of abilities.

In the end, it's simply a fun little gimmick that no one will talk about once the set is actually released.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 6:05:39 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Yeah, ironically, a single B3 would decimate Mouse swarms.
juice man
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 8:46:27 AM

True, a tournament should have lots of mouse droid crunching stuff, but SWM is not just tournaments. The simple soloution is a house rule exempting mouse droids from this ability (but not before I try 18 mice with 72 shots a round).
Draconarius
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 10:27:31 AM

juice man wrote:
True, a tournament should have lots of mouse droid crunching stuff, but SWM is not just tournaments. The simple soloution is a house rule exempting mouse droids from this ability (but not before I try 18 mice with 72 shots a round).

Even when playing casual, I really, really doubt it's gonna be an issue. SWM is not just about tournaments... and just because it isn't a tournament, doesn't mean you're not going to see the Mouse Droid crunching stuff.

Besides, these so-called Super Mice will have what? +8 attack? Great. You'll have to combine fire with 2 other mice to stand a decent chance at hitting. Maybe even 3. You do that for the normal attack and the Twin, and you've burnt 5-7 activations to score 20 damage on one of my units. Across 18 mice, that means you'll get... 3 attacks with a decent chance of success. Maybe 4. Meanwhile, I just simply keep shooting/hacking your units one Mouse at a time (or just Accurate Shot your BD sergeant and then kill you at my leisure)

Yeah. Strangely, I'm not really scared by the prospect of these Swarms of Nasty Mice. Why is everyone else?
juice man
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 10:40:01 AM

I don't think it's a fear issue. I think it's a "mouse droid with blaster" issue. Just plain silly. Also not something worth notice in a low point game. At 300 - 400 pts one might have to spend time stepping on mice insead of better targets.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 10:41:05 AM

Draconarius wrote:

Yeah. Strangely, I'm not really scared by the prospect of these Swarms of Nasty Mice. Why is everyone else?

They aren't. It's just a fun squad concept to talk about. And we all want to come to the game table, slap down a metric ass-ton of mouse droids, and start laughing like a deranged idiot.
juice man
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 10:42:40 AM

YESWoot YESWoot YESWoot YESWoot YESWoot YESWoot
Draconarius
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 11:02:11 AM

juice man wrote:
I don't think it's a fear issue. I think it's a "mouse droid with blaster" issue. Just plain silly.

Bacta Tank with an Auto-Turret (aka Oppurtunist from Thrawn) was a little worse, IMO. Besides, you're okay with it having a Grenade Launcher or a First Aid Kit but not a Blaster Pistol?