Squad and map sent
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, July 8, 2021 7:41:38 PM
Groups: Member

I sent it today.
Udorian84
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2021 9:20:20 AM

Sent mine today! Excited for some mini's.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2021 9:57:29 AM

I'm notating whose squads I have received in the first post. (*BOLD)

Fingers crossed that Bryan, Randy and Shawn can join us (they all indicated they'd like to, but had to check last minute schedule things).

Of course it's still open to anyone who'd like to join us!
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2021 9:58:49 AM

For those who didn't see the new ruling concerning Diplomats - check the main forum. It will be in effect for our tournament.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2021 10:07:50 AM

OK, waiting on those last minute registrations. Keeping fingers crossed for Dark_Dracul and Randy to be able to play. Hopefully at least one can play if not both, because currently we are at the dreaded 7 entries. 8 or 9 is much better.

Waiting on AceAce's squad info as well.

Anyone else is of course welcome to join. Registration closes 1 hour before start time (start time 12:30pm central)
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2021 6:27:56 AM

Just over 2 hours left to register to play today. We have 8 players registered with squad submitted.

Randy and Caedus are possible game time decisions, still a shot to hit double digits.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2021 7:22:25 AM

Randy is in.

Come on Caedus, bring us to an even number and double digits!

Still just over an hour to register if anyone else is considering.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2021 7:58:36 AM

I'm in... hopefully in time.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2021 8:26:51 AM

Darth_Jim wrote:
I'm in... hopefully in time.

YES!!!!
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2021 8:35:02 AM

Registration is closed, we have an even 10 participants!

jak wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Last chance to test those possible championship squads at a Sunday Regional.

Who is in? Let's hit double digits!

perhaps, if you use Roman Numerals, you'll hit those double digitsBigGrin

Hey Jak - how do ya like them apples?
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2021 8:39:18 AM

We will be playing 4 rounds, cut to a top 4, then semi-finals and finals.

I am posting squads. Please set squads to public if you haven't already. (Dark_Dracul)

Please be on Vassal and Discord by 12:20pm Central
jak
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2021 9:11:27 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:

jak wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

well now it's only a single Roman NumeralLOL

have fun guys!
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2021 9:12:57 AM

jak wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

jak wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

well now it's only a single Roman NumeralLOL

have fun guys!

LOL Touche

Thanks Jak!
Udorian84
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2021 3:22:25 PM

Hey everyone! thanks for playing. It was fun, except for blast bugs, which are a very silly thing. Thanks a lot Randy. BigGrin BlooMilk
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2021 5:31:33 PM

Udorian84 wrote:
Hey everyone! thanks for playing. It was fun, except for blast bugs, which are a very silly thing. Thanks a lot Randy. BigGrin BlooMilk

LOL

Randy was a good sport about it all. I really have no qualms with Randy, but I do hate extreme save heavy squads (especially with Soresu Style Mastery!). Blast Bugs are the opposite extreme and are rotten as well.

I hope we all gravitate away from these extreme polar squad types. And I want to encourage designers to be more creative with design and not just slap saves on everything. Saves have their place in our game, but there are way, way, WAY too many.
Udorian84
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2021 5:59:20 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Udorian84 wrote:

LOL

Randy was a good sport about it all. I really have no qualms with Randy, but I do hate extreme save heavy squads (especially with Soresu Style Mastery!). Blast Bugs are the opposite extreme and are rotten as well.

I hope we all gravitate away from these extreme polar squad types. And I want to encourage designers to be more creative with design and not just slap saves on everything. Saves have their place in our game, but there are way, way, WAY too many.

I know it was in fun. Those types of things (blame Randy) are what give the game a culture.
Blast Bugs are in the game so one cannot really complain while playing against it. Out of the game is fine for some of those "balance committee" type things. But Vong vs. all-Melee means you almost lose anyway. It was the point of the Vong in the first place (in legends) so you always run that risk. I do not know if all melee can win in this game the way it is set up, which is fine of course. The Jedi and Sith used shooters all the time.
My new objective is just to beat thereisnotry because after all:there is only do or do not. So far, I am a "do not" against him. Crying
Mando
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2021 7:09:12 AM

Udorian84 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Udorian84 wrote:

LOL

I know it was in fun. Those types of things (blame Randy) are what give the game a culture.
Blast Bugs are in the game so one cannot really complain while playing against it. Out of the game is fine for some of those "balance committee" type things. But Vong vs. all-Melee means you almost lose anyway. It was the point of the Vong in the first place (in legends) so you always run that risk. I do not know if all melee can win in this game the way it is set up, which is fine of course. The Jedi and Sith used shooters all the time.
My new objective is just to beat thereisnotry because after all:there is only do or do not. So far, I am a "do not" against him. Crying

Your a good player, so i think your time will come where a rematch against Thereisnotry will result in a victory for you. ThumpUp

Thereisnotry (or Tint for short) is a the best player in the world (imo) so its hard even for veterans to go toe to toe with him (he seems to win a lot of tournaments with these 6 activation squads lol). Congrats to Trevor on the nice win for another regional!

As far as the vong go, the blast bugs are good but those warriors would die very quickly to any type of strafe/gallop squad. swarms have been held in check with many counters, so while its annoying to face against the blast bugs in a bad matchup if your not prepared, the blast bugs equally have no chance vs squads that can take out multiple guys in one activation.
Udorian84
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2021 7:52:53 AM

Mando wrote:
Udorian84 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Udorian84 wrote:

LOL

Your a good player, so i think your time will come where a rematch against Thereisnotry will result in a victory for you. ThumpUp

Thereisnotry (or Tint for short) is a the best player in the world (imo) so its hard even for veterans to go toe to toe with him (he seems to win a lot of tournaments with these 6 activation squads lol). Congrats to Trevor on the nice win for another regional!

As far as the vong go, the blast bugs are good but those warriors would die very quickly to any type of strafe/gallop squad. swarms have been held in check with many counters, so while its annoying to face against the blast bugs in a bad matchup if your not prepared, the blast bugs equally have no chance vs squads that can take out multiple guys in one activation.

The game seems to have many counters for many things. As I get more understanding of how to counter counters and what the best squads are for each them it will be easier to make squads built to withstand a handful of squad types. Right now, I am mostly enjoying playing the game. It is a lot of fun. The V-sets having been designed by the community is impressive. There are so many things I want to try out. I love the monthly Vassal tournaments and hope they continue.

The Mandalorian squad is so powerful because it does not have a very hard counter. Out activate doesn't do much because of high HP and Beskar, Strafe doesn't do much, huge hard hitters don't do much. Ysalamiri is not helpful, they are not reliant on CE's, I think maybe Obi-kin is the counter to Mandos at this point.
The game, at its highest level, seems to be a good mix of possible squad types, which is healthy and makes it even harder to understand what to counter because there are so many things that can be top tier.