RegisterDonateLogin

Does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Flight and AoO Options
death by wookie 89
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 3:28:49 AM
Groups: Member

the question is if someone like ani on stap is strafing he has flight so can people use an attack of opportunity on him?
Volvagia14
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 3:32:59 AM

No. Characters with Flight never provoke AoO.
death by wookie 89
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 5:56:04 AM

thanks volvagia now i know that Basilisk war droid i just got is gonna be hard to take down
Darth Percocet
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 7:16:24 AM

Volvagia14 wrote:

As Volvagia explained it, but my 2 cents is, any figure that will have strafe is gonna have flight so flight ignores everything (enemy characters,terrain, pits etc.) except walls, so they never provoke AOO. Usualy you arent able to even move through a square occupied by an enemy character, but with flight you can, so if your boxed into a corner by your opponent but your figure has flight, he can move right out of it, if your figure doesnt have flight, you wouldnt even be able to move out of the corner. (Just another little example)

Now dont confuse it with Galloping, they are both simular to the effects they do as a special ability, but galloping characters arent in flight, so Galloping would provoke AOO's..

Volvagia14's always on point so when he answers hes on point, me i just like giving other examples & add my 2 cents, helps me understand rules for myself as well..
Volvagia14
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 8:19:46 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
Volvagia14 wrote:

As Volvagia explained it, but my 2 cents is, any figure that will have strafe is gonna have flight so flight ignores everything (enemy characters,terrain, pits etc.) except walls, so they never provoke AOO. Usualy you arent able to even move through a square occupied by an enemy character, but with flight you can, so if your boxed into a corner by your opponent but your figure has flight, he can move right out of it, if your figure doesnt have flight, you wouldnt even be able to move out of the corner. (Just another little example)

Now dont confuse it with Galloping, they are both simular to the effects they do as a special ability, but galloping characters arent in flight, so Galloping would provoke AOO's..

Volvagia14's always on point so when he answers hes on point, me i just like giving other examples & add my 2 cents, helps me understand rules for myself as well..

Good Description DP, and you are correct, I usually don't do well with long descriptions, last time I did, I confused myself as well as the OP Flapper

So I answer the question and if any other description is needed, someone else ususally gives it.

DarthJak
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 10:41:02 AM

death by wookie 89 wrote:
thanks volvagia now i know that Basilisk war droid i just got is gonna be hard to take down

In my experience, the War droid will get 1 strafe before your opponent brings all gun to bear so it won't happen againSad
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 11:47:50 AM

I always wanted an "Eject" Special Ability for the guy riding the Balilisk where he can make Strafes until the HP run out then you can replace the huge with a regular Mando Trooper.

That would have been cool.
cicrush13
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 2:32:40 PM

I agree. "Eject" or some effect like that would make it even better.

You just gave me ideas for my own scenarios......ooo the fun that I will have now!!!!BigGrin