RegisterDonateLogin

Wonderful! You are now a part of the tribe. (Just what you always wanted.)

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Nerfing/Banning/Errata/ on Tier 1 "10+" "Broken" Characters Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Sunday, August 1, 2021 7:48:17 PM
Groups: Member

I said "broken" Flapper

Holla Daala, Mithril, Jolly Green Giant, Luke's Speedy Hover Craft, Boba-Crit, Lord Vader, Mira Mira On the Wall, GOWK, Bastila, and the beat goes on and on and on and on. Listen, there's been controversial minis since 2004. My goodness, the game, at least for us in the community, has survived the test of time, and we're still here. Sorry to use "slippery slope", but let's just be careful that with 1 VassalCon/GenCon victory, that we're not too quick to condemn the newbie on the block in the big green guy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't DarkD lose to Tint in round 2 of the champs???? Should we ban Vindicated?????? Look, there's always going to be some controversy in a minis game every year when new sets are put out. Let's be happy that Jabba won this year, have it sink in, continue with new sets, and see where the darts go at the target, and evaluate, at least after next years GenCon, and see if Jabba repeats. If it's like 2008 with Speeders on every other team in the top 6 or 8, then let's talk about a "broken" Hutt mini RollEyes

Jabba 4 the win baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ThumbsUp

jen'ari
Posted: Monday, August 2, 2021 9:18:40 AM
Groups: Member

No doubt the game has always had the "big pieces".
Ozzel and Dodonna
Thrawn and Daala
Vehicles

I have always been a proponent of making the factions kind of equal.

I am all for banning things that have proven to be an issue. However, i agree that the game right now does not have a Blaring, in your face issue. Designing can easily make other factions just as powerful.

Looking at the factions:

Old Republic: they have nothing that is even tier 1.5

Bastila is not a power 10 piece, she is a power 9 piece and has no help because designers have had some kind of "Bastila trauma" because she won a gencon one time.

Republic: nothing tier 1.5

Sith tier 1.5

New Republic: tier 2

Separatists: have Asajj other than that tier 2

Fringe: tons of options

Mando: Vindicated and Kelborn

Vong: who cares

Rebels: tier 1.5

Imperial: Thrawn is still very relevant

My problem with the game right now is that at its highest peak you have only 4 options:
Jabba (with or without Talzin), Talon, Vindicated, Thrawn

You are right in saying that this is always the case, but it shouldn't be the case.
The Balance Committee should focus on Balancing the Factions. Before anything else is done every faction should have at least a tier 1.25 squad.