RegisterDonateLogin

Will find you, crush you, grind you into little pieces, then blast you into oblivion!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

RIP Squelchdog (Johnny Hudspath) Options
shatterpoint7
Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2021 5:34:58 PM
Groups: Member

Many of you knew Johnny Hudspath aka Squelchdog through this site. I am proud to call him my friend, and I know many of you feel the same way. Johnny died earlier this year, at the young age of 50 years old.

Our friendship began 12 years ago after I sold him a bunch of minis through Bloomilk.com. He had a lot going against him – an unsteady string of difficult, odd-houred positions, chronic pain and bad dreams from his military service, health problems in his family. But he was always cheerful in our correspondence. He sent me advice by email for counting change in high school after I expressed nervousness being a cashier at a grocery store. He gave me $50 as a graduation present, the largest present I’ve ever gotten from someone I’d never met in person. He joined my fantasy baseball league, and we ended up becoming friends on Facebook where I enjoyed his irreverent humor that combined military training/cynicism, his loving wife, his 2 bulldogs, baseball and all things Star Wars. I almost saw John in person for the first time in 2020, but he had to back out of the trip because of an increase in Covid cases. He kept emailing me about how was going to create terrain for his minis collection (I don’t know how far he got). He passed away on January 7, 2021 (I didn't find out until several weeks later). May the Force be With You Johnny!

Cheers, David (aka shatterpoint7)

A memorial fund to benefit Johnny’s widow Heike:
https://gofund.me/d45f785f

His obituary:
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/timesunion-albany/name/john-hudspath-obituary?id=5060303
jak
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2021 6:35:47 AM

truly saddens me to hear this
he was an active member of the ol" Bloo, and was a fair trader
50 is way to young,
we go on in the memories of people who's lives we've touched, and he obliviously did.
God bless his family, and let's all raise a glass of BlooMilk to Johnny.
Udorian84
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2021 7:44:22 AM

BlooMilk
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, August 8, 2021 5:48:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

BlooMilk
No Bloo Milk

Sorry to hear the news.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2021 6:40:07 AM

I did not have the pleasure of playing against him, but traded with him and it was always great.
Here here BlooMilk BlooMilk
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2021 6:56:46 AM

BlooMilk
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2021 10:15:39 PM

So sad to hear this, I had no idea he had passed on.

John was an awesome person, I met him on here back in 2009 when I was deployed to Afghanistan and we were essentially pen pals on Bloomilk the entire time while I was overseas. I had a really rough tour especially towards the end of it and he helped encourage me through that time as a fellow veteran and as a brother in Christ. Even at my worst moments I would manage to get online and see a friendly message waiting in my inbox full of encouragement, jokes and Star Wars/military conversation. We had many good chats over the years even though we messaged more infrequently as time went on. Last I heard from him was in September of last year with a life update that I responded to and never heard back from, and now I know why. A hard loss for the world, our community and his family, and I’ll be sure to donate towards his widow Heike.

He was a true and good friend, brother and veteran and he will be missed and remembered. God bless your family brother and thank you for helping me through the hardest part of my life. You will not be forgotten.

(Also does anyone know how best to get in touch with his wife/family? I wanted to offer my condolences.)
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 10:21:16 AM

really bummed to hear this. Sad to lose someone at such a young age as 50. Hopefully his family will find the comfort they need in the coming years to endure this tragic loss. Sad
wannabe mexican
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2021 12:42:40 PM

I too traded with Squelchdog. May the force be with him. Rest well.