RegisterDonateLogin

Is not something you could learn to make from a Jedi.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 226 - Mira replacement Options
Udorian84
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2021 3:04:09 PM
Groups: Member

This week your assignment is to create a 25-30 point fringe piece that rivals Mira.
You will be scored based on your ability to create a piece that rivals but does not surpass Mira. The piece must also have 8 or less Abilities (unique, force rating, and renewal do not count as 1 of the abilities.

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities but must be from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Saturday August 14, 2021 @8pm EDT to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm Saturday evening and end at 11pm EDT on Sunday August15th.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
adamb0nd
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2021 6:53:21 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/39772/noa-briqualon--fearless-scout

Noa. less damage potential and range, but he provides a decent attack, auto damage option, door control, extra mobility, and access to a strong subfaction. While he brings less pain, he's a little less squishy than mara, and traps makes him a strong contender. He's a few points cheaper, and sometimes, that's enough to matter.

He's force 1. The character in the movie wasn't a force user, but there's a scene where he launched his grappling hook, and it catches. He says something like "got it on the first try!” in disbelief. Makes me think of an unexpected lucky reroll, as we've seen with Han solo and grievous to give them a luck or hero power. It makes this character a little closer to Mira in power and synergy options, and so I included it to get closer to the CCC objective.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2021 6:48:37 AM

adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2021 10:27:17 AM

Let's push till this Sunday night and hope for a few more submissions? Really interested to see more approaches.
Udorian84
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2021 12:03:58 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/39786/col-serra

It was more tough then I thought it would be (whiny Luke voice) Mellow
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2021 3:21:08 PM

1. GG
2. Udo
Udorian84
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2021 3:28:22 PM

1. GG - I think it is the most playable. it kind of plays like a more powerful Blizz.
2. Adam - I think it is a fun piece, but this game relies on damage, for that reason I don't think it would get much play in competitive.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 11:49:59 AM

Adam, breach is pretty fun but maybe not as much if a damage dealer as I think a Mira replacement should be.

Udorian, cool commander piece, feels very different than Mira for purposes of the contest but I like the theme here.

1st Adam,

2nd Udorian

Also sorry for the late post this thread got swallowed up by the tournament posts. But since you guys voted for me I’ll post a new one up!