RegisterDonateLogin

Many Bothans died to bring us this Milk...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Who is interested???
Choice Votes Statistics
Count me in! 4 44.444444 %
Maybe... 3 33.333333 %
Not now...possibly in future. 1 11.111111 %
No way. 1 11.111111 %

TO THE OUTER RIM AND BACK...Sealed Booster League: RS thru V22! Options
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 8:56:02 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Inspired by another post, but something I've been interested in doing for a while now.

I had a great experience joining a booster league a few years back. Frustrating at times getting minis that do not help for 3 sets in a row, but the thrill of opening boosters (even digitally) is awesome!

So...who would be interested in joining a league running from Rebel Storm thru Vset 22...?

We'll be in it for the long haul, so we're going to allow two to four weeks in between sets to get the games in. And what fun is it to play just one game with each set?! So we're going to shoot for 2-4 games, depending on participation.

Booster leagues are great for newer players too. As each player only gets so many characters to start with, then adds to that pool each set. Everyone has the same number of characters to choose from, though each player will have different characters...which is part of the fun! (totally random pulls from boosters) Squad building can happen over time instead of having to go thru thousands of characters all at once.

I will be offering to run this and keep track of all stats, including a running list of each person's booster pulls. (Although I would encourage each player to double check this to be sure)

If there's enough interest, I'll create an official post with rules and whatnot later.

Hopefully this sounds like fun for everyone, but won't be too much to throw on top of a tournament each month.
BlooMilk

PS...I'm not trying to bust in on Tim's idea of the long form event...so if this needs shelved for the future due to overlap, I'm perfectly fine with that. Just trying to see what interest there might be for this...
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 9:00:48 AM
Groups: Member

I also had a lot of fun with the booster league we had years ago, so i'd totally be interesting in doing this again. it's fun to see the creative combos you can get when you mix together the factions in this kind of format and i really like the idea of going through all the sets from Rebel Storm thru vset 22
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, September 7, 2021 6:12:34 AM

*bump*
Udorian84
Posted: Tuesday, September 7, 2021 6:33:52 AM

I can play. It will be good for me to see the progression and things.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, September 9, 2021 8:24:30 PM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
PS...I'm not trying to bust in on Tim's idea of the long form event...so if this needs shelved for the future due to overlap, I'm perfectly fine with that. Just trying to see what interest there might be for this...

No worries on that front. I think some players will have no problem playing in 2 events. If you find it is problematic for players, maybe push it back a few weeks then they’ll at least be staggered?

I put myself as a maybe. Interesting concept, I’ll have to feel out how busy I’m gonna be in general during that time.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2021 7:51:30 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

This might start around the holidays...after shortly after. That should give people time to settle into all the other things going on.