RegisterDonateLogin

Will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Commander Effects Options
Fredwood
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 5:40:15 AM
Groups: Member

I know the normal rule, being if it's the same Commander effect, you only recognize the biggest value, they don't stack.

I was wondering what do they consider the same Commander effect. A guy I played last week had the new Qui Gonn Jinn, and a Master Kota, then had Zayne Carrick running around. We had a hard time figuring out whether or not he benefit from both Commander effects, or just the better one. Because on one hand it's the same benefit, but on the other, it's got a different requirment.

Wondering if anyone else could shed light on this situation, thanks.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 5:43:46 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

The requirements are irrelevant. You cannot stack a stat bonus (+X to Atk/Def), and take the highest bonus. If they grant different Special Abilities, they stack. This is covered in the Commander Effect and Stacking section of the rulebook glossary.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 4:02:06 PM
Groups: Member

Fredwood wrote:
I know the normal rule, being if it's the same Commander effect, you only recognize the biggest value, they don't stack.

I was wondering what do they consider the same Commander effect. A guy I played last week had the new Qui Gonn Jinn, and a Master Kota, then had Zayne Carrick running around. We had a hard time figuring out whether or not he benefit from both Commander effects, or just the better one. Because on one hand it's the same benefit, but on the other, it's got a different requirment.

Wondering if anyone else could shed light on this situation, thanks.

Ok look at it like this, flat out bonus' that grant stats IE kota grants +3 att / +3def to fringe followers, thats giving a flat bonus to a stat, Now to add to a CE that grants a flat bonus like that usualy takes a named abilitiy such as syrnegy, syrnegy would stack with a flat bonus like kota's, opp would also stack with koto's CE, syrnegy.

For example, Oppurtunist would stack with Deceptive granting a +4 attack 10 dam & an extra 10 dam, Advantageous Attack Would Stack With Cunning, So when it comes to SA's that grant the same stats, if they are named abilities they will stack because its 2 totally different abilities. Kinda Like How Ant Rangers on OR with crusader & malak DLOTS, If the rangers are within 6 of the jedi crusader they would get an extra +4 att & +4 def from syrnegy (a named ability) & they would also be able to get malaks +4 att from his CE which is a flat bonus giving the rangers an extra +8 Att / +4 def bonus.

Now you wouldnt be able to stack say GMY & Kota's Ce's because they arent named ability's being granted, they are granting flat bonus' to the same stat.

Now if you have Kota, Han RH & Whipid trackers, than kota would grant the trackers +3 att & +3 def, then han would grant Advantageous Attack to them which would stack with there Cunning, so you see, when you look for stacking, look to see named abilities, you cant stack 2 of the same named abilities such as to CE's granting the same thing such as oppurtunist. But if they are different named abilities they stack,

Now when it comes to flat out bonus' to stats from Ce's such as Gowk's, GMY's, Kota's, Malak DLOTS, none of theres would be able to stack with eachother even if you could have them on the same team because they are all flat out bonus', they arent named bonus'...