RegisterDonateLogin

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Another Vassal Question Options
Dean_Miller
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 5:07:52 PM
Groups: Member

It has been literally years since I have been on vassal. I have everything set up even on my new Mac computer so I am good there. What the hell do you guys use to talk now? We used to use skype pretty regularly but I am not even sure what is used now? So if someone can answer that I would be thrilled.

Also I have spent last three night getting on Vassal and no one gets on. What time is a good time?
Udorian84
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 5:12:55 PM

As a newcomer that has had success finding games you need to set up times to play with people. I started by just asking to the public and As I got to know people I use bloomail.

As for the what do we use to talk. We use Discord. It is a free app and it has a really awesome set up.

Let me know if you want a game and we can see what times work. WOTC pieces only right?
Dean_Miller
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 6:06:12 PM

so dumb question i have used to discord to chat but not talk. What do i need a headphone? Anyways I am on there now
Udorian84
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 6:11:08 PM

On my phone I just turn on speaker and can hear really well that way.i would get on now but am watching a show with the beloved wife.
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 7:53:46 PM

Use this link (copy and paste it) to join the SWM server on Discord: https://discord.gg/qvADXpPs

You will need a webcam or a microphone to use the talk feature. It works SO much better than Skype ever did.

As for finding games...you won't really be able to find a game just by waiting in the Main Room anymore. We don't have enough players anymore for that. Instead, I'd suggest using the "lfg-online" thread in the SWM Discord discussion chat room.
Dean_Miller
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2021 7:04:18 PM

ok well I have joined the discord. I am using a real sneaky user name.......... Dean Miller. You might have to work to figure out who I really am. Anyways so checking there for any online games. Thanks Trev for the info. It has been a long time since really been on here. How have you been doing? Are you still working in the same career field? I will never forget the impression you made on Nate. He is all grown up and has delivered a grandson to us. Kind of nice.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2021 7:46:04 PM

Dean_Miller wrote:
ok well I have joined the discord. I am using a real sneaky user name.......... Dean Miller. You might have to work to figure out who I really am. Anyways so checking there for any online games. Thanks Trev for the info. It has been a long time since really been on here. How have you been doing? Are you still working in the same career field? I will never forget the impression you made on Nate. He is all grown up and has delivered a grandson to us. Kind of nice.
Hey man, I'm doing well. Yes, I'm still a pastor. I made an impression on Nate? Cool! I remember that he was always fun to hang around with at GenCon. Ah, those were the days...60+ of players participating in the World Championship, lots of boosters-as-prize-support, holding my breath while I walked past the Magic players' area, etc. BlooMilk
Dean_Miller
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2021 11:14:46 AM

Yes Nate has always talked about how much he enjoyed getting to know you. Yeah I miss those days also. It was good times but now professionally I just would not be able to participate like i did then. I am just way to busy and then I have a side hustle teaching as an adjunct at Drury University here in Springfield. I would be happy just to log onto vassal and see guys on there. Getting a game was easy back then.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2021 12:06:59 PM

I totally get that. When I retired from UPS, I 'retired' from SWM as well. While I have no desire to go back to UPS... I love my cushy life... my love for this game has drawn me back in. I get beat up in tournaments because I still don't know a lot of the pieces, so I get your desire to play only WotC pieces. I am fine with doing that if we can hook up online.
Dean_Miller
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2021 2:16:48 PM

jim are you still working as a volunteer to those in SUD? I have talked to you in a second. The last person I talked live to was Lou. Anyways, I would love to get on vassal and play you sometime as I have missed our conversations and generally the goofiness that goes with gaming.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2021 3:38:29 PM

Its actually a full time job... but yes.