RegisterDonateLogin

I truly, deeply love Bloo.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

December Sunday Regional discussion Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 9:17:11 AM
Groups: Member

Hey all,

I'd love for the monthly Sunday regionals to keep happening. I know schedule is tricky for a lot of us.

My schedule has changed and I cannot start until 1pm central. I know that's a bit late for a couple people that have to end every early.

Options -

we could keep it really casual and just say, let's do three rounds regardless of who enters. (People could play on after if they don't have to leave early)

we could have someone run it that doesn't have a Sunday conflict, and have people start early and get their games in, and others who can go later get their games in. (or at least have someone start it and I can take over when I get there, or we could do it together)

we could get really organized and make it a two-parter. Everyone seems to have early afternoon free. Mornings and early evenings are where conflicts seem to rise. If people are free at a similar time on Sat, we could start then, do 1 or 2 rounds, and then finish on Sunday.

Or we can do a combo of any of the above.

Just looking for feedback.

Also - I know Dec can get tricky, so it seems to me that the most logical date is Sunday Dec 12. (Dec 5th is very soon, and 19th and beyond starts to run into holiday travel/family stuff for a lot of people)

So - if you are interested, please answer the following questions:

-Do you have a conflict Dec 12 (and if so, propose a different date)

-Do you have a time conflict on that Sunday (the 12th or the one you propose). If so, what hours are you available?

-Do you have availability on Saturdays early afternoon?

-Do you have a preference of format? ie - Round Robin (everyone plays everyone), classic Swiss only, Swiss with playoffs (1 or 2 rounds), doesn't matter just play some games

Thanks!
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 9:22:12 AM

Quote:

I am free after 1pm Dec 12, and could probably make any Sunday in Dec work with the same time restriction

Quote:
-Do you have a time conflict on that Sunday (the 12th or the one you propose). If so, what hours are you available?

anytime after 1pm central. I can go as late as we need.

Quote:

I could do Sats, but I have a strict cutoff time of 3pm central (I have to go to work!)

Quote:
-Do you have a preference of format? ie - Round Robin (everyone plays everyone), classic Swiss only, Swiss with playoffs (1 or 2 rounds), doesn't matter just play some games.

I've actually really been liking the Round Robin Format. It's cool seeing what squads can beat other squads, even if they don't end up at the top. There are a lot of (A) beats (B), (B) beats (C), and (C) beats (A) scenarios lately, and I think that is both interesting, informative, and more fun to play out than getting lucky to avoid your bad matchup and replaying the last round of Swiss in a playoff. That said - above all, just looking to play minis!
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 10:10:46 AM

Quote:

My mom is visiting that weekend, so Saturday is out. But she's leaving around lunch, so I can play that afternoon.

Quote:
Sunday afternoon is pretty open for me. I don't think I'll have anything in the evening so I shouldn't have any specific finish time.

Quote:

Normally my Saturdays are fairly open and so I prefer them over Sundays. However, on December 11 I'm all booked up.

Quote:
-Do you have a preference of format? ie - Round Robin (everyone plays everyone), classic Swiss only, Swiss with playoffs (1 or 2 rounds), doesn't matter just play some games.
I don't care about the format...I just want to play. Round Robin seems well-suited to events that have low numbers of players.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2021 11:40:48 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Is that EST?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 5:45:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I can't play on the 12th. My final paper is due that day and I need to leave it open. I accept that that's probably the best day.

I have no specific time limits most of the time.

Saturday afternoons are fine.

Format probably depends on the number of players. Round Robin makes sense up to about 6, but it gets unwieldy after that.

TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 8:26:04 AM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
Is that EST?

Central time
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 8:29:32 AM

Well bummed Laura is unlikely to be able to do it on the 12th, but I did get a few other direct messages saying the 12th looks good.

Dec is just a tough month in general.

I think we’ll still make it for the 12th and cross fingers that Laura can pull it off