RegisterDonateLogin

The possibility of successfully navigating this site is approximately 3,720 to one.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

SWM still alive? Or just people are not here anymore? Options
sdexam
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2021 1:03:56 AM
Groups: Member

Are people here not talking anymore or they have moved to other platform for discussion?
Cassus fett
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2021 4:52:46 AM

There's probably ~10 people who are active and talk regularly. Maybe ~16 you count the more sporadic posters. There's a discord, but i'm not in it so I can't comment on that.
Mando
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2021 4:53:04 AM

people are still here...i think the holiday weekend just had people busy for a while. there is a discord chat that people talk on also so you might want to check that out.

https://discord.com/channels/650556586514972672/650556587190124576
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2021 4:58:18 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The fall is traditionally the dead season. This year is actually more active than most fall seasons. Timmerb has kept some tournaments running this year.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2021 11:25:33 AM

The Discord server is deader than here, so not much point in going there.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2021 12:31:39 PM

There's playtesting and design happening on the SWMGamers forums.

The Facebook page is pretty active, but mostly people talking about how they just took out a mortgage to buy Ferus Olin.
Dean_Miller
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2021 3:57:50 PM

I agree the discord is pretty dead and it is slow on here. I miss just talking about the stuff back in the day. Vassal is pretty much not happening either. It is weird how much time was spent doing all of this and now there is not much happening. I know that new stuff keeps things going but I have not had another game strike me as so much fun as this one.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2021 4:28:15 PM

Dean_Miller wrote:
I agree the discord is pretty dead and it is slow on here. I miss just talking about the stuff back in the day. Vassal is pretty much not happening either. It is weird how much time was spent doing all of this and now there is not much happening. I know that new stuff keeps things going but I have not had another game strike me as so much fun as this one.

Vassal is happening. But you just can't hop on and play - you have to arrange a game with someone. The ongoing league right now is taking place on Vassal, and there's been a Sunday tournament on Vassal once a month just about every month this year.

Here's the current league:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=31574
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2021 7:16:49 PM

Huh, I've been too busy playing swm games, playtesting, and dealing with balance committee stuff to notice.

Well, at least I got to beat Thereisnotry with my Antares Draco squad before it happened.LOL ThumbsUp

thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 7:46:07 AM

DarkDracul wrote:
Huh, I've been too busy playing swm games, playtesting, and dealing with balance committee stuff to notice.

Well, at least I got to beat Thereisnotry with my Antares Draco squad before it happened.LOL ThumbsUp

RollEyes I'm never gonna hear the end of this....
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 8:02:36 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
DarkDracul wrote:

We're all just glad that Antares Draco is a WotC piece so that nobody here has to take the blame for designing something so broken.
Ridgebeam
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2021 9:45:30 AM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:

Yeah, it is. We used to be highly active (I suppose much like these forums). But I've lacked on the admin side of things on discord. When I would actively recruit on Roll20 we would get a couple of new members each week. Mostly looking to play on Roll20 but then they stay for the Fandom.

I'm looking to change that real soon and start being more active on discord.
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2021 6:48:01 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
DarkDracul wrote:

Nope. You aren’t.
sdexam
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2021 8:24:36 PM

Ridgebeam wrote:
gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:

Yeah, it is. We used to be highly active (I suppose much like these forums). But I've lacked on the admin side of things on discord. When I would actively recruit on Roll20 we would get a couple of new members each week. Mostly looking to play on Roll20 but then they stay for the Fandom.

I'm looking to change that real soon and start being more active on discord.

Sounds good, hopefully we will get more attention later.
Warev Ririp
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 4:36:45 AM

I'm more of a lurker these days.
Chargers
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 8:30:35 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
DarkDracul wrote:

For those of us that haven't heard, can you elaborate?

And how is Draco so "broken?"
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2021 6:38:37 AM

Chargers wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
DarkDracul wrote:

Bryan and I played a game as part of a Vassal League. I brought a Sith squad that had good defenses vs shooters but virtually no defense vs melee. Bryan brought a Thrawn-swap squad with Antares Draco, and also a guy who gave Twin to him, so Antares Draco was doing 120dmg (double-twin with opportunist).

Antares Draco is the opposite of broken...but with the addition of Twin Attack via camaraderie, he's actually pretty decent.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2021 9:17:53 AM

Chargers wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
DarkDracul wrote:

Everyone always complains about everything being broken. I think Imperial Knights won a game one time and Antares Draco was in the squad... so the joke was that Draco was broken. This was before he could even get Twin Attack, so at the time he was barely even playable - much less broken. Ganner Krieg, who gives him Twin, just came out in January. Ganner Krieg makes Draco actually good, but still not broken. The joke loses some of its punch now that Draco actually is a good piece.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2021 9:53:44 AM

Imperial nights have always had a pretty big possible NPE factor.

“Hey look, I rolled an 18 on my lightsaber block. Now your big bad Jedi hits for zero damage!”

But luckily they were so bad otherwise that it wasn’t really an issue.

But now they’ve doubled and tripled down on NPE luck abilities (evade, dark armor 2), and the one solid way to beat them now is another huge NPE (diplomat wall).

So I agree with FlyingArrow, the joke has lost its luster. Antares Draco is not broken, but he’s definitely a part of a big NPE subfaction.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Tuesday, January 4, 2022 1:47:56 PM

I used to be really active. But with no-one to play with in person, and being too far behind on the V-Sets, I just can't summon the desire to build squads and try to play any more.