RegisterDonateLogin

Shinja creates it, makes it grow.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

April Sunday Regional on VASSAL--Sunday, April 24, at 1 p.m. Central Options
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2022 1:46:24 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Back by popular demand, I present the second regional of the season, aptly named APRIL SUNDAY REGIONAL!!!!!

ALL ARE WELCOME, regardless of geography!!!

Please let me know in this thread if you plan on playing.

Additional request - Have a Discord account! It is FREE! It is super handy! We can all chat in the main room between games. You can check out other people's games if you finish early (and hear them talk!)

Not required, but strongly encouraged!

Squads and map selections can be PMed to UrbanShmi anytime after Thursday April 21 (I will PM a neutral party my squad before then and post in this thread when I have done so). Please send squad link, copy/paste of squad, map, and DISCORD NAME (with the # and 4 digits) {Discord name and # only necessary if you are not already a part of the SWM Discord group. We only need that info 1 time}

*Registration ENDS April 24 at 12:30 pm US CENTRAL (1:30 p.m. Eastern)

*Round 1 begins promptly at 1:00 p.m. CENTRAL (2:00 p.m. Eastern)

{Please gather in Vassal and Discord by 10 minutes before the start time}

Gameplay in each round will last exactly 75 minutes. Each player is responsible for timing their own games. Players are expected to set up and be ready to start at a reasonably fast pace to keep the tournament moving.

Number of Swiss rounds depend on number of participants.
8 or fewer = 3 rounds, cut to top 2 (or just straight 4 rounds of Swiss, decided based on numbers)
9-16 = 4 rounds, cut to top 4
17-32 = 5 rounds (very optimistic here), cut to top 6; 1-2 have byes 3vs6 and 4vs5; lowest seed vs 1, highest seed vs 2

-- Maplist
We will be using the new restricted map list for 2021-2022. All of the maps are available on Vassal now, so make sure you have Downloaded The newest updated Version

Imperial Garrison
Asteroid Base
Cloud City
Gangster's Vault
Desert Marketplace
Imperial Checkpoint
Oceanic Facility
Royal Militia HQ

NOTE: Again, please make sure we all have the updated version in place and tested before the day of the tournament, so things run smoothly.

All legal characters up to and including Vset 23!! All Balance Committee rulings posted up to one week before this tourney (before April 17, 2022) will be in effect.

ALSO NOTE: Players will be responsible for knowing all errata, floor rules, etc. (Including the latest change to rigged detonators!) http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=31469)
Changes can be found here: http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=20395
and here: http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=28568

If questions come up in game, you may send a private message to me and I will attempt to resolve it.

This will be an official Star Wars™ Miniatures SWMGPA (Star Wars Miniatures Gamers Players Association) sacnctioned event. The SWM GPA Floor Rules will be in effect.
(The Star Wars Miniatures SWMGPA (Star Wars Miniatures Gamers Players Association) Floor Rules and the Star Wars Miniatures Game Rules should be read and understood by all players wishing to compete in sanctioned events. All SWMGPA members participating in SWMGPA-sanctioned Star Wars™ Miniatures events must abide by these rules.)

*Thanks TimmerB123 for the Tournament Invite Template!!*

Players

UrbanShmi
thereisnotry
Udorian84
AceAce
Udorian84
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2022 7:06:41 PM
Groups: Member

Awesome! so excited!
Udorian84
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2022 10:51:46 AM

Bump to get a few more.
@timmerb haven't seen you in here since my glorious return.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2022 6:33:11 AM

Bump.

I know it's a few weeks away, but visibility is always good.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2022 7:11:27 AM

Bump Bumpity indeed UrbanShmi -
it'll be interesting to see what squad compositions are fielded! BlooMilk
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2022 5:30:01 AM

Bump!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2022 3:06:46 AM

Bumping. Would love to get a few more before next weekend!
Udorian84
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2022 10:59:43 AM

Hopefully 1 or 2 more can join us!

but I am excited to play either way. It has been FOREVER for me.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2022 12:47:29 PM

Okay, indecision is killing me, so let's make this interesting. I've got two squads in mind, Rebels and Republic. If someone else signs up for the tournament before Thursday (which is the deadline by which I have to submit my squad), they can choose which faction I play.

If no one else signs up before Thursday, then I will give a countdown for the other three players to vote on a faction. I plan to submit my squad by Thursday at noon, but if it takes more time to get votes in, we can work with that.

Again--if one more person signs up today or tomorrow, I will let them pick the faction of the squad I play. If no one else signs up before Thursday, I will allow the remaining three players (Udorian, thereisnotry, and AceAce) to vote on which faction they want me to play. Either way, the decision is out of my hands.

Now to figure out which maps go with these squads...
AceAce
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2022 3:18:33 PM

I am in
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2022 3:40:41 AM

Ok, hearing no others, those of you who have already regidtered, please vote on which faction I should play. Rebels or Republic.

I will post again once I have submitted my squad
Udorian84
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2022 6:53:59 AM

Interesting. I already made my squad so I feel fine sending in a vote.

I think you should play Republic.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2022 7:27:58 AM

Udorian84 wrote:
Interesting. I already made my squad so I feel fine sending in a vote.

I think you should play Republic.

My squad and map is ready too. And just to make it interesting, I think Laura should play Rebels...but honestly it's not a big deal either way...I just want to play! BlooMilk
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2022 7:33:11 AM

Thanks for keeping it interesting. Mike, care to break the tie?
Udorian84
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2022 10:29:50 AM

Picking the map is so hard!
Some of the maps really are hard to play on, which makes it fun though. I need more "map time".

This will be fun!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2022 4:39:07 PM

I'm going to give AceAce a little more time to get his vote in. If he doesn't vote by noon tomorrow, I'll roll a die or something.

Udorian84
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2022 6:06:42 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
I'm going to give AceAce a little more time to get his vote in. If he doesn't vote by noon tomorrow, I'll roll a die or something.

Or you can go the Kanao Tsuyuri route and flip a coin.
I actually ordered one to give to my son who is always asking what he should do haha.
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2022 6:09:38 AM

If Mike doesn't respond then I can change my vote to Republic too. It's really not a big deal to me.

This actually brings up a pretty interesting idea for a casual (not Regional) tournament:
--Everyone brings 2 squads to the tournament, complete with map choice as always.
--At the start of the match, both players decide which of their opponents squads they want to face. (For example: my opponent has Imperials and OR...I select his OR squad. Meanwhile, I had brought Rebels and Seps, and my opponent decides to face my Sep squad.)
--Players simultaneously reveal their selections (i.e., both type their selection and press 'Enter' at the same time) and the game proceeds as normal.
It could be fun.
Udorian84
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2022 6:16:25 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
If Mike doesn't respond then I can change my vote to Republic too. It's really not a big deal to me.

This actually brings up a pretty interesting idea for a casual (not Regional) tournament:
--Everyone brings 2 squads to the tournament, complete with map choice as always.
--At the start of the match, both players decide which of their opponents squads they want to face. (For example: my opponent has Imperials and OR...I select his OR squad. Meanwhile, I had brought Rebels and Seps, and my opponent decides to face my Sep squad.)
--Players simultaneously reveal their selections (i.e., both type their selection and press 'Enter' at the same time) and the game proceeds as normal.
It could be fun.

I love that idea, then at the end when both squads are revealed and you realize you would have faired a lot better against the other one haha. But it does make it fun and I love playing different squads as well.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2022 8:48:09 AM

All right, I have submitted my squad. Feel free to send me yours.