RegisterDonateLogin

Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Bloo Milk...is essential to a Jedi's life.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Is this the series we've been looking for? Options
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2022 3:35:29 AM
Groups: Member

Just saw the official trailer for Andor yesterday. I gotta say...it really impressed me! when Andor was teased years ago i was thought "Well Rogue One was really good.....but a show on Cassian Andor?!?....not particularly looking forward to that."

After seeing what the show's premise will be it seems like this might be the best Star Wars tv show that has been made. I feels like they are filming it in the style of how Rogue One was, the writing seems good and the visuals are really nice! If this is like Rogue One in tone and feel, I think this may be better than the Mandalorian. I like how it is talking about the formation of the Rebellion. With Mon Mothma being a prominent character, will Andor show how the groups come together to form the rebel alliance? That would be really interesting to see.

Anyways I'm looking forward to this show much more than I had previously and I think this might be what we need amidst mixed reviews of the Obi Wan series (i personally like it, but I can understand others gripes) and the Book of Boba Fett. What are your thoughts?
DarkDracul
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2022 7:47:22 AM
Groups: Member

I was also impressed by the trailer and it did make Andor appear more epic than I had envisioned.
There were more locations, planets, bases, ships, in that one trailer than in Boba Fett and Obi-Wan combined.
Also, as an old OT fan, the timeframe (stormtroopers, tie-fighters, ect.) hits all the nostalgic feels.

That being said . . . the trailers for Rogue One were all from cut scenes and somewhat misleading. The trailers for TFA and TRoS sequel trilogy films gave me goosebumps and had me holding back tears. So just because the trailer is amazing doesn't mean the show will be any good. Their main objective is to build up hype to get you to purchase a ticket or subscription. The show only needs to be good enough that the general audience will come back for crap.

Here's holding out hope that the show is amazing!BlooMilk