RegisterDonateLogin

Makes you strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Jawa Warlord's final CE Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2022 1:18:56 PM
Groups: Member

Quote:
Your squad may only contain 1 non-Unique droid per faction but may contain non-Unique droids regardless of faction.

I thought I understood, but then I went to gamer's and got more confused.

Almost every squad listed there is illegal (at least to my reading). I understand it changed during design, but even reading through the thread I don't think it's clear.

It appears that the intention is that you can include up to 1 NU droid per faction, from any faction EXCEPT the faction you are playing, which is unlimited.

However - the wording doesn't allow any exception for the faction of the squad. It's just an absolute. So as worded, it has become a squad restriction

I do understand you can have as many Fringe droids as you want (Fringe is technically not a faction)

But having (for example) a BX Sniper and a BX Spotter breaks the CE limitation right there. Regardless of if your squad is "Separatist" or not. There is nothing in the wording that allows you to have more than 1 Separatist droid.

So - if I am correct and the intent was to allow unlimited NU droids in the squad's faction, but only 1 NU droid per OTHER faction - there may need to be an errata wording
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2022 1:33:04 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The squads in the playtesting thread were all from before that version of the commander effect. You are correct about how it works, and one designer was mistaken in the design thread.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2022 1:46:38 PM
Groups: Member

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
The squads in the playtesting thread were all from before that version of the commander effect. You are correct about how it works, and one designer was mistaken in the design thread.

OK thank you. So only 1 separatist NU droid, regardless of your faction. (unless of course you don't meet the requirement to gain the CE, but then - why are you playing this piece?)