RegisterDonateLogin

Roger, Roger!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

not having updated pieces the norm? Options
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2022 11:16:16 AM
Groups: Member

Not having pieces in Bloomilk is a problem.

Is there a long term solution for this instead of waiting for some one that is not even around?
I come on here hoping vset 24 is on it so I can start looking at things but it is not. The poor October peeps having to use digital cards. Thats rough.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2022 1:04:57 PM

I can confirm that it is rough. It would be nice, but I am not sure if anyone else has access to do it.
Udorian84
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2022 1:45:26 PM

N3rdSl4y3r wrote:
I can confirm that it is rough. It would be nice, but I am not sure if anyone else has access to do it.

I have heard that 1 person does. I forgot the username. But if the power is only in the hands of 1 person... Well we know how that goes.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2022 2:04:24 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

It is not the norm, and it is also a problem for design and playtesting. I'm not aware of any long-term solution.
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2022 4:26:55 PM

Just sent Dave a request. Hopefully, he can get to it soon.

Cassus fett
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2022 6:24:19 PM

Quick history rundown. Swinefeld has been single handedly(?) keeping this site's spaghetti code running for years since Shinja (Original founder/owner) dipped out. Swine's been away for a while now, he only really came back for a week or 2 when V-Set23 came out to set it up and do a quick round of error checks. Stuff like Affinity and Rapport haven't been working in the squad builder for dam near a decade because Shinja is apparently the only person who can fix that and he's never coming back (at least I believe he's not).
TLDR: Swinefeld will add them at some point (hopefully).
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2022 7:03:10 PM

It would be really good if someone who is active in the community had the ability to make these updates. I can totally understand not being motivated to put a significant time investment into a game that you no longer play...I've been there for some other games, and I get it. But then it would be good to pass the reins to someone else who is still involved.
Cassus fett
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 8:41:36 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
It would be really good if someone who is active in the community had the ability to make these updates. I can totally understand not being motivated to put a significant time investment into a game that you no longer play...I've been there for some other games, and I get it. But then it would be good to pass the reins to someone else who is still involved.

100% agree and that’s not to detract from Swine’s atlas level task and the work he’s put in. But yes he’s not active and it might be good to pass the burden along (if he even can. From what I’ve heard this site’s backend is a nightmare).
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 10:06:49 AM

Is there a reason no one’s built a new website with a squad builder? Wouldn’t that be easier

FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 10:48:07 AM

shmi15 wrote:
Is there a reason no one’s built a new website with a squad builder? Wouldn’t that be easier

Not easier.

Another squadbuilder (app) was built.
Ridgebeam
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 6:36:31 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

Not easier.

Is the (app) you speak of the SW: Miniatures Manager on Android or is there another?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 8:22:38 PM

Ridgebeam wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

Not easier.

Is the (app) you speak of the SW: Miniatures Manager on Android or is there another?

DarthRattlehead made 3 apps a few years back: MiniCron, SkimirshTracker, and TourneyTracker. MiniCron basically duplicated the functionality bloomilk database and squadbuilder. Unfortunately, I can't find any of them anymore in the Android app store. I'm not 100% sure all of them even got ported over to Android. 1 or more of them may have only ever been on the Apple side of things. When it was active, the MiniCron usually got the new sets before bloo, but at this point I suspect that it's several sets behind if you can even find it.

If any of the NZ crew knows how to reach him, maybe he can be convinced to update them (?).
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 9:11:37 PM

DarthRattlehead's real name is Richard. He is definitely reachable and I don't think he's irrevocably retired from SWM, though he hasn't been able to make it to recent NZ events (probably because he lives about a six-hour drive away from the rest of us). I don't really know him well enough to ask him to update or bring back any of the apps. (I really miss Skirmish Tracker, which I used to use every time I played SWM in person.)
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2022 6:02:20 AM

So this is definitely the new norm....

Just got on to see if it was updated.... still not. I wonder if it will be in before set 25 comes out.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2023 10:31:35 AM

It is now, not the norm. Thanks gandalfthegreatestwizard and team!