RegisterDonateLogin

Pass on what you have learned.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread (Round 1) Options
Caedus
Posted: Friday, December 2, 2022 11:07:43 AM
Groups: Member

spryguy1981 wrote:
Spry over Tim 3-0 104-5 on Theed Palace

This was just a godawful matchup for Tim with lots of shots coming against melee pieces. Even with evade it's a challenge.

R1 I setup all of my guys with Twin. Tsavong Lah opens the door.

R2 I GMA down with Cobb and base Tsavong getting 30 damage through. Fennic Shand then uses double grenades to drop him to 30HP. Din Djarin kills a YV Worker and shoots Tsavong twice. He fails both evades and crab save to die.

R3 Fennic uses double grenades on Khalee and gets 40 through. Khalee bases Cobb and gets 50 on him. Cobb flies away and missiles Khalee and Zenoc. Din finishes off Khalee with whistling birds.

R4 Zenoc tries to valiantly crit Cobb and fails. Cobb then kills him and the shamed one.

That is why Dovin Basal > Zenoc Quah, IMO. I am sure Quah is in there for a different reason, though. Eigth Cortex Shaper can not be used moving forward. In the lower cost rounds, DBK would either force you to lose activations or roll 16s consistantly. I love that someone put Vong in this though, because I know I would have.

I am interested in how you progress Tim!!! Victory to Vong!!
Mando
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2022 6:37:57 AM

looks like gandalf tried to set up a matchup with Udorian, but was unable to get a hold of him. No response at all to gandalfs attemps. I'm going to give 3pts for gandalf. Anyone aware if Udorian is ok? last 2+ weeks no one has been able to get a hold of him....
Mando
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2022 6:49:43 AM

Tourney: Galactic Escalation : Round 1 game #2
urbanjedi (3 pts) defeated thereisnotry (0 pts) : (102-20)
Spryguy1981 (3 pts) defeated Timmerb123 (0 pts) : (104 - 5)
Mando (3 pts) defeated urbanshmi (1 pts): (101-76)
gandalfthegreatestwizard (3 pts) defeated Udorian84 (0 pts) : forfieted game

Tourney: Galactic Escalation
Leaderboard after round 1 completion.
1: 6 Points: Spryguy1981 - WW
2: 6 Points: Gandalfthegreatestwizard - WW
3: 3 Points: Mando - LW
4: 3 Points: urbanjedi - LW
5: 3 Points: TimmerB123 - WL
6: 3 Points: Thereisnotry - WL
7: 1 Points: UrbanShmi - LL
8: 0 Points: Udorian84 - LL

Mando
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2022 6:58:15 AM

Everyone can send me there squads for Round 2 now via bloomail or facebook messenger. Keep in mind the rules for Round 2 are as follows:

Quote:
Rules: build total is 150pts. Use exact team from round 1 + 50pts of new miniatures. You may choose to upgrade 1 unique character from the previous round to one that has a higher cost and counts as the same character, following faction rules, to be a part of the 50 additional points. Round 2 will consist of 2 games following the round robin format. The 150pt team used will be built upon in round 3. You may choose an new map from the current restricted list for round 2.

Maps: current restricted list (http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=32041)

Banned list: Jabbba Desilijic Tiure (per current balance committee discussion)

Important Rule exception for subsequent round squad building: If you wish to bank points, you may carry over up to 10pt into the next rounds build total. This is the only exception to adding 50pts in round 2 & 3, giving you up to 60pts instead if either Round 1 build total is 90-99pt and Round 2 build total is 140-149pts.

Time per round is 75 minutes.

Round 2 will start either on Wednesday December 7 or as soon as I get everyone's squads. If I don't hear back from Udorian84 by Wednesday, I'll have to drop him from the tournament and then every game going forward where someone is matched up against him would be a bye week and an automatic 3pt win. Hopefully he is ok!

I'll post a new forum thread for Round 2 after i gather everyones squads.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2022 8:06:23 AM

The last I heard from him (Nov 19), a bunch of people in his family had come down with the big flu that has been going around.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2022 8:17:33 AM

Question for clarification:
Is gambit worth 7pts or 8pts in these 150pt games? I've seen it go either way in the past. The Vassal mod has a Scorecard marker for both options, but we should probably clarify from the start which one we're using for these next 2 games.
Mando
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2022 9:05:26 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
Question for clarification:
Is gambit worth 7pts or 8pts in these 150pt games? I've seen it go either way in the past. The Vassal mod has a Scorecard marker for both options, but we should probably clarify from the start which one we're using for these next 2 games.

I was leaning towards 7pt gambit.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2022 9:13:41 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I got a point in my second 100 pt game.
Mando
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2022 9:25:10 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:

sorry, got that corrected. i had noted that you got the 1pt in the first part talking about the results for game 2, but forgot to add the point to your overall total.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2022 9:30:55 AM

Mando wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:

sorry, got that corrected. i had noted that you got the 1pt in the first part talking about the results for game 2, but forgot to add the point to your overall total.

Thanks!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2022 1:23:36 PM

Squad 2 sent.