RegisterDonateLogin

Is ready to take on the whole Empire itself.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread (Round 3) Options
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2022 1:53:47 PM
Groups: Member

DarkDracul wrote:
Mando wrote:
I would like to . . . determine who has the best overall squad for GE. . . . to say definitively that the best squad won the whole tournament.
Then never allow Thereisnotry in your tournament. He wins without playing the best squad and ruins everything.
lol
Mandos ARE the best squad!!! ThumbsUp
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2022 9:07:47 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

gandalf over spry 3-0 (200-60)

I won map (Rancor Pit) and spry set up on the left. spry had only one way to advance to complete his Mission: Infiltration, and advance he did. A Hunter put some damage on Din Djarin near the end of round 1, and I had Silri in gambit with the Nightbrother, while spry's forces were half in gambit out of sight (Fennec, Migs, Cara), and the rest up in "Beast Pen A".

Round 2 I won init and turned on ABM. Migs came out next to Silri, but couldn't do anything because of Cloaked/being too far away to base her and attack. Silri smoked Migs. Armorer and Cobb Vanth came in next, but neither got any attacks off. Armorer got killed by Silri with a cannon shot, and the Hunters put some damage on Din/the Cobb. Din and Fennec moved up into "Beast Pen B" and Cara based Silri near the end of the round.

Round 3 I won init and I think I killed Cobb with Silri. Cara missed half of her attacks on Silri needing 4s, then Fennec ran in to try and finish Silri off, but also missed an attack, and Silri made the Grenades save (which Cara failed). Silri living through all of that allowed her to kill Cara with the cannon from Mother T, who also zapped Din and Fennec for 20. Nightbrother charged in and missed Din in an attempt to save Silri, but Whistling Birds finished Silri off and damaged the Nightbrother and Talzin. The Hunters killed Fennec and put some more damage on Din.

Round 4 I won init again and Talzin zapped Din to kill him.
Mando
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2022 3:08:05 AM

Tourney: Galactic Escalation: Round 3, game #2 matchups:

gandalfthegreatestwizard (3pts) vs Spryguy1981 (0pts): (200-60)
urbanjedi (3pts) vs Bye
thereisnotry (3pts) vs Mando (1pt): (250-140)
urbanshmi (3pts) vs Timmerb123 (1pt): (208-145)

Tourney: Galactic Escalation
Leaderboard after round 32, game #2 completion.
1: 15 Points: Spryguy1981 - WWWWWL
2: 15 Points: urbanjedi - LWWWWW
3: 12 Points: Thereisnotry - WLWLWW
4: 11 Points: Gandalfthegreatestwizard - WWLLLW
5: 10 Points: TimmerB123 - WLLWWL
6: 8 Points: UrbanShmi - LLLWLW
7: 7 Points: Mando - LWWLLL
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2022 8:41:14 AM

A little confused as to how pairing in round 8 works. You said “Swiss”, but that doesn’t make sense followed by a semi-final and final. That would pair #1 vs #2 (a bit unfair for those at the top end)

Did you mean seeded bracket format? #1 vs #8 (ie #1 gets the bye), #2 vs #7, #3 vs #6 and #4 vs #5. But it would just be pairings for the final round, not the quarterfinals of a bracket. (If #7 beat #2, that wouldn’t knock #2 out of the semis) That would seem to make more sense. Then see final total scores and semis would be #1 vs #4 and #2 vs #3 as always, elimination knockout playoffs at that point.