RegisterDonateLogin

Floats like a Mynock, stings like a Bane.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

SE-SWM (Super Easy SW Minis!) Options
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2023 9:38:55 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

So picture this: my 8-year old nephew loves Star Wars. He watches all the cartoons and the Mandalorian. I understandably (possibly regrettably?) ask if he’d like to play a game with miniatures from that show...and he enthusiastically says YES! ThumbsUp I proceed to get out the thousands of guys I have in numerous boxes and his eyes pop out of his head Blink more and more Woot as I keep bringing them out. He grabs two handfuls of guys and says "Let’s play!”. Cool Now my mind is swirling Confused with how I’m going to explain this complicated game Cursing to an 8-year old who has never even seen it before Huh ...and him not lose interest Bored after 10 minutes of explaining just the movement rules. So…like anyone else would do, I just make up the rules as we go! And it turned into this… BigGrin

You just pick the minis and play without their game cards. (See rules below) You can introduce those cards at a later time, but this is to get them interested in the game. (I did make Level 1 cards to help though)

You have to use a lot of creativity in this version. Each attack or force power is made up. New So let them decide what their guy wants to do! (Everything does the same damage anyway Flapper ). And put some flare into what is happening. Make it like a comic and describe the action to them. ThumpUp We both had a blast. (His Sith guys were throwing speeders at mine and most of my guys got taken out by missiles from a droid officer! HahahaLOL LOL LOL )

Rules: (for the Super Super Easy version - LVL1 cards)
(you can only pick medium base characters)
All characters have 3 HP
All non-force user characters move 6
Force users move 8
All characters get two attacks
All normal attacks do 1 Damage (make up the attack, can be anything, doesn’t matter)
Force users (lightsabers) no ranged attacks but get 2 force powers with range 6
Can use one attack or force power after/before move
All force powers do 1 Damage (You make up the power, doesn’t matter)
Force Users can use one power to push or pull - no damage but move enemy 2 squares away or closer
Start maps the same (roll dice)
Initiative the same (roll dice) except always go with 2 acts each phase
Doors open when passing thru them (ignore them) otherwise treat as normal
Ranged attacks - both roll dice, attacker higher = 1 Damage, defend higher evades
Melee attacks - both roll dice, attacker higher = 1 Damage, defend higher blocks
Force Powers - both roll, attacker higher = 1 Damage, defend higher cancels/avoids
20 on attack dice does 2 Damage (crit!)
If move away, one free attack (AOO) - both roll
Ties at any point get rerolled
No CEs/SAs/FPs. (other than what's listed here)

LEVEL 1 Cards
SE-SWM Rules Card
SE-SWM Level1 Medium Card
SE-SWM Level1 Jedi-Sith Card

That's it! So...try it and enjoy the freedom of SWM without all the tedious interactions.

And for the next step...one step closer to FULL SWM...try these rules and cards below.

Options: (Super Easy version)
(See Super Easy version cards; all miniatures are up for grabs now)
Small get 3 HP, move 5, and add 4 to defense rolls
Large get 4 HP, move 8, and ignore yellow
Huge get 5 HP, move 8, ignore green/yellow, and do 2 Damage (crit = 4 Dam)
No rigid

SE-SWM Small Card
SE-SWM Medium Card
SE-SWM Jedi-Sith Card
SE-SWM Large Card
SE-SWM Huge Card
(use same Rules card as Level 1 above)

Enjoy!!!