RegisterDonateLogin

How you get so big, drinking Milk of this kind?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Want to join our crew for TRUE DUNGEON at Gen Con? Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2023 8:07:18 AM
Groups: Member

(I know this is a little off topic - but it's time sensitive and I want as many eyes to see it as possible)

Myself, Laura (Urban_Shmi), Deri (fingersandteeth) and 3 of our other friends are going to do TRUE DUNGEON at GenCon this year.

It takes groups of 10. We'd rather play with 4 more people we know (or at least have connections through SWM with) than have 4 randoms stuck in our group.

For those not familiar with True Dungeon, it's one of the premier events at Gen Con.

What is True Dungeon?
Quote:
Founded in 2003, True Dungeon is a life-size, immersive, role-playing experience played in a walk-through dungeon environment. It combines elements of escape rooms, haunted houses, and its rules are very loosely based on the third edition of Dungeons & Dragons. Individual players test their gaming skills in an adventure where they battle monsters, solve puzzles, and overcome mental and physical tests of skill. All of these challenges come together to make the True Dungeon experience unique in the gaming industry. In addition to puzzles, players do battle (via a shuffleboard-style combat board) with animatronic monsters and costumed NPCs.

We provide thrilling two-hour immersive adventures for thousands of gamers all across the country.

Which specific event are we recruiting SWM players to join us for at Gen Con this year?

Tomb of Terror - 20th Anniversary Adventure
Quote:
True Dungeon is celebrating its 20th Anniversary with a very special adventure that challenges players to defeat an evil semi-lich within his terrifying tomb. We are pulling out all the stops to make this a memorable adventure. It features multiple paths (where you can choose a more puzzle or combat oriented adventure), expansive and immersive rooms, and amazing NPCs and monsters. Players get TWO free bags of 10 Treasure Tokens ($20 value), at least 3 random draws from our Treasure Generators, and a collectible limited-edition token. Those who survive the adventure gain a special "Survivor" button.

More info:

https://truedungeon.com

We will most likely be shooting for Friday Evening (Aug 4th) at Gen Con. It lasts 2 hours. It's not cheap ($108), but worth every penny. Literally one of the most fun experiences I've ever had at Gen Con (and that is saying something!)

This must be figured out before THIS SUNDAY to get tickets.

Post here if you want to join
DarkDracul
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2023 1:49:40 PM

Sign me up!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2023 4:31:45 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DarkDracul wrote:
Sign me up!

Awesome!
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2023 6:50:37 AM

DarkDracul wrote:
Sign me up!

Sweet!

We now have 2 slots left
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2023 5:38:09 PM

I am now doing a second run.

There is a shorter (and less expensive - $58) one and I have a group of 6, looking for up to 4 more. 1.5 hours long

Fri 12:30-ish start (done in time to still play in the SWM Escalation tourney at 3pm)

Quote:
An intro pirate-themed treasure hunt. Same quality/swag/XP as normal but with 4 rooms (not 7). Amazing puzzles, monsters, sets and NPCs await. You may only use the free 10-pack of tokens provided.

More info on this specific event - https://truedungeon.com/con-quest