RegisterDonateLogin

Is in command now.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Hello there! (Returning player) Options
JediHuntR
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2023 2:53:56 PM
Groups: Member

I absolutely loved this game in high school and was crushed when Wizards ended it after Masters. I'm going to Gen Con for the first time this year and I was shocked and amazed that, not only are there events, but the community has kept the game alive all this time! I signed up for the Escalation event as soon as I could and I was just wondering if I could get the Cliff notes on the meta and any significant rule changes beyond what I've read in the forums. I've been staring at all the new (to me) cards all week and I'm insanely excited to play this game again. This is the way.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2023 3:12:19 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Welcome back!

If you go to page 2 (and 3) of the Squad Building Discussion subforum, you can see a rundown of each faction some of us bloomilkers made in 2020, listing important characters to know and some examples of competitive squads. They are slightly out of date at this point, with four-ish new sets and some balance updates since, but could still be helpful:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=topics&f=2&p=2

And here is a full list of all balance changes ever during the Vsets period: https://starfireskee.com/balance-team-changes/
JediHuntR
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2023 3:18:17 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
Welcome back!

If you go to page 2 (and 3) of the Squad Building Discussion subforum, you can see a rundown of each faction some of us bloomilkers made in 2020, listing important characters to know and some examples of competitive squads. They are slightly out of date at this point, with four-ish new sets and some balance updates since, but could still be helpful:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=topics&f=2&p=2

And here is a full list of all balance changes ever during the Vsets period: https://starfireskee.com/balance-team-changes/

Awesome, thanks!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2023 4:31:30 PM

Hello! So glad you found us! My husband (urbanjedi) and I are primarily responsible for running the SWM events at Gen Con this year. We're so happy to have you.

If you have time on Sunday morning, I highly recommend signing up for the v set 25 sealed event. It's a community favorite because our members put a ton of effort into printing, painting, and assembling custom minis to represent the newest set of cards. You can also almost certainly pick up a printed set from one of us at the con.

You might also want to get in touch with Randy (randy), as he currently has most of the extra copies of the previous v sets. Of course, you can always print the pdfs off of swmgamers.com, too.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Mando
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2023 6:20:12 PM

Welcome back! This game still has a great community and it's nice to see returning players embrace the v-sets! The game has become much more balanced for all factions over the years and you can play any faction now and do well with it as most have a number of great "cornerstone" pieces to squad build around. If you are ever interested in playing some games on vassal, post in bloomilk and people usually can find time to get on during the week for a game or two.
Randy
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2023 7:11:37 PM

Welcome Back General Kenobi...

Reach out to me with a BlooMail if you want physical sets. We work off of donations.

PayPal donations to StarWarsVsetEmail@gmail.com

I will be at GenCon as well. If you want to pick them up there.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2023 5:53:19 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:

If you have time on Sunday morning, I highly recommend signing up for the v set 25 sealed event. It's a community favorite because our members put a ton of effort into printing, painting, and assembling custom minis to represent the newest set of cards.

Oh? I've been printing and painting lots of the v-set minis. Let me know if you need/want any help with this. I'd love to see them used in game.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2023 6:48:04 AM

N3rdSl4y3r wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:

If you have time on Sunday morning, I highly recommend signing up for the v set 25 sealed event. It's a community favorite because our members put a ton of effort into printing, painting, and assembling custom minis to represent the newest set of cards.

Oh? I've been printing and painting lots of the v-set minis. Let me know if you need/want any help with this. I'd love to see them used in game.

You can reach out to AceAce. He's organizing the minis.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2023 7:33:50 AM

Cool, sent over a message.