RegisterDonateLogin

Knows better than to trust a strange computer.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Presence of the Dark Side Options
Caedus
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2023 11:14:16 AM
Groups: Member

Ok gang. sent this to a rules guru for eval, but thought I'd get everyone's take.

Presence of the Dark Side

Card Text

Once per turn, an enemy that activates or ends its move within 6 squares of this character loses 1 Force point and takes 10 damage; save 11

Glossary Text

If an enemy character either activates or ends its move within 6 squares of this character, that enemy loses 1 Force point and takes 10 damage. The enemy can avoid this effect with a successful save of 11. An enemy can only be affected by this ability once on a turn.

So, let's just say I have a squad with Ommin, Sith Sorcerer and the Dark Force Nexus. No seriously, I really do.

Enemy character activates within 6 of The DFN, fails the save, eats 10 and loses a FP. Then prceeds to Charging Assault Ommin, ending it's move adjacent to Ommin. Since it is a different enemy, does Ommin's PotDS ability trigger a mandatory save attempt? I ask, because while it does say, Once per turn, I would assume that would be for "this character" and the second character would be another "first instance"

Scouring through the design thread, there was no mention or intent of multiple characters with PotDS only the concern of being hit by the same character if you "didn't move". Since the character is make a game move action and ending it's move next to an entirely new enemy PotDS would therefore trigger.

If this is the case, I would immediately submit that this is looked at by the BC/RC and possibly rule that only one character with PotDS be allowed per squad, because if you don't I'm gonna abuse it. I promise

That's all folks!! Thanks
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2023 4:56:48 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

A character can only be affected by POTDS once in a turn, and not multiple times even if there are multiple sources. This was discussed when the Nexus was made, and they used POTDS instead of a new similar ability to avoid stacking with Ommin.
Caedus
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2023 5:11:16 PM
Groups: Member

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
A character can only be affected by POTDS once in a turn, and not multiple times even if there are multiple sources. This was discussed when the Nexus was made, and they used POTDS instead of a new similar ability to avoid stacking with Ommin.

Awesome. Thanks Joe!!!