RegisterDonateLogin

I ain't seen one of these websites since I was prospecting on Subterrel.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Magnetic restraint cable vs strafe Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2023 11:17:21 AM
Groups: Member

Does the strafer get to attack the character with Magnetic restraint cable?

Quote:
Magnetic Restraint Cable (Whenever a Large or larger enemy with Flight or Mounted Weapon becomes adjacent to this character, that enemy must end its movement and cannot move as long as it is adjacent to this character)

I'm thinking no, because the strafer would never be able to enter the square. But the attack on strafe happens immediately before you enter the square. But MRC ends movement.

If the strafer cannot ever attack a character with MRC with strafe, then that is a rock hard strafe counter. Yes I know it already exists on a mediocre 21pt piece, but it's now on an 8pt fringe piece. Reinforcement fodder.

RIP Strafe.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2023 11:29:21 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
I'm thinking no, because the strafer would never be able to enter the square.

This was my first thought as well.
gholli69
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2023 1:46:39 PM

He wouldn't get to attack with strafe, but a regular attack will still work. Just make sure the pit droid is activated first or retractable form makes even a regular attack dicey. Not sure why retractable form was made to work against adjacent characters.
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2023 1:54:28 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I agree with you- even though the strafe attack occurs before entering an enemy square, it still has to have movement to enter the square and trigger the pre-movement attack, which it can't do if it's movement has ended.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2023 5:44:24 PM

gholli69 wrote:
Just make sure the pit droid is activated first or retractable form makes even a regular attack dicey. Not sure why retractable form was made to work against adjacent characters.

And it gets really funky with the gatekeeper droid. If the door is locked when it chooses to gets activated instead of taking damage, it stays locked (it never has a turn to use manual override so it remains in the same state.)

In sealed I had my opponent's Darth Vader (alone) trapped outside of gambit, with the gatekeeper droid ALSO OUTSIDE, and Vader still couldn't get in. He'd attack, and it would activate to not take damage. Vader literally could not get through that door no matter what, because he couldn't kill the droid no matter what.

It could end up problematic.
gholli69
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2023 6:37:46 AM

Would surprise attack get around retractable form? I think it should as it is pre round so the character with retractable couldn't choose to become activated before the start of the round right?