RegisterDonateLogin

Lock the door, and hope they don't have straws.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

2023 VASSAL CON EVENT SCHEDULE Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2023 10:10:37 AM
Groups: Member

Time for the community to step up!

I’ve had trouble with my pairing software, so I don’t want to risk it failing in the middle of the tournament. But I’m happy to help out in any other way.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2023 12:22:10 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Thanks to those who have offered to help in the thread or privately. The tourney can be run without the pairing software, but it could slow things down.

Ultimately, I'm not going to dictate how things are run, so if someone feels like they can do it without the app, that's fine by me. It would be nice if the pairings and results could be posted, but again, if it has to be after the Swiss rounds, no big deal.

Again, thanks for being such a supportive community. I will update the top post when we know for sure how the tournament will be run and by whom.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2023 2:48:14 PM

It sounds like the pairing software is not able to be downloaded anymore. I do still have a copy on my phone. So I will do some test rounds with it.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, September 1, 2023 7:29:31 PM

Hi again everyone. Due to some unexpected health concerns, we need to ask for some more help to have Vassal Con run smoothly. Please send me a PM if you are able to run any of the events listed for me. Thanks so much!
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, September 1, 2023 11:02:28 PM

Due to work schedule I won’t be around for most tournaments, but I’m happy to be the collector of squads for any (other than the 100pt and the champs)

spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, September 2, 2023 4:55:37 AM

Are there any resources for doing the pairings if we don't have the pairing software?
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, September 2, 2023 6:07:28 AM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Are there any resources for doing the pairings if we don't have the pairing software?
There are now: I created a spreadsheet that tracks all of the info and even keeps the leaderboard pretty accurate...the only thing it can't do is compare head-to-head, so we'll have to manually check it each round to ensure that the standings are correct. I've found a way to make the random pairings too, so we should be good to go.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, September 2, 2023 7:31:16 AM

I just want to thank everyone who has offered help and support. This is a great community of people and Jason and I are really lucky to count you all as friends. I especially want to recognize TINT for all of his work, on VASSAL, on pairings, and on running events. Also Timmer for stepping in to run the 100, and everyone else who has volunteered or who will be showing up to play. I don't know how much I'll be around outside the team tournament, but I hope everyone has a great time.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, September 2, 2023 8:58:31 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Due to work schedule I won’t be around for most tournaments, but I’m happy to be the collector of squads for any (other than the 100pt and the champs)

I should be clear -

Thursday, September 7
3 p.m. Central/4 p.m. Eastern—Bounty Hunters Sealed Tournament
(No advance squad submissions, I won't be available)

7 p.m. Central/8 p.m. Eastern—Team Tournament
(it looks like tint is running this - I'm happy to be the one who receives tint and his partner spryguy1981's squads as the neutral party)

Friday, September 8
JEDI CHALLENGE:

9:00 a.m. Central/10 a.m. Eastern—100 points

I am your tournament organizer. I will post here once I have submitted my squad to a neutral party. (currently struggling to try and find something creative so we don't all end up with the same obvious 23 pt piece and very similar squads, lol). Don't submit to me yet

2:00 p.m. Central/3:00 p.m. Eastern—150-point WOTC Map Tournament
UrbanJedi with squads/maps (dunno if this is still valid? I'm happy to help prior to the tournament. I can even collect and post all the squads if that is helpful, but I cannot be there after about round 1 - so someone else will have to actually run it)

7:00 p.m. Central/8:00 p.m. Eastern—200-point Conquest and Rebellion Tournament
Wish I could participate, but I'll be at work the whole tournament. Happy to be the neutral party that receives the T.O.'s squad)

Saturday, September 9
9:00 a.m. Central/10:00 a.m. Eastern—Force Users Unleashed
I can help with this if need be. Heck I can even step up and be T.O. if that is helpful. Let me know. I should be around for the whole tournament, but I'm not playing in this one.

3:00 p.m. Central/4:00 p.m. Eastern—2023 SWM VassalCon Championships
I'm playing in this, tint is running it. Happy to be of service. I'm probably not the best choice for rules guru (I have a pretty decent in-depth understanding, and would be the third if others aren't available. But others are definitely better. I'd recommend Joe - gandalfthegreatestwizard - as an obvious choice as one in this capacity). Let me know if there are other ways I can help. (happy to cross check head-to-head each round as an example)

Sunday, September 10

9:00 a.m. Central/10:00 a.m. Eastern—Conquest and Rebellion Sealed Tournament
(No advance squad submissions, I won't be available)

2:00 p.m. Central/3:00 p.m. Eastern—Royal Rumble
(it looks like tint is running this too - I'm happy to be the one who receives tint's squads as the neutral party)
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, September 2, 2023 9:06:25 AM

Thanks everyone for helping out. I do plan on being around and playing in and running some of the events
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, September 2, 2023 9:07:52 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
Thanks everyone for helping out. I do plan on being around and playing in and running some of the events
awesome, glad you’re able to Jason!
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, September 4, 2023 12:28:24 PM

Team Tournament Registration is OPEN! [Thursday evening]

Spryguy1981 and I are teaming up, and we've sent our info to Tim (who is not playing in the Team event). Therefore, you are all free to send me your info for this event. You and your teammate could each send me a separate BlooMail or, alternatively, one of you could send me a single BM with both players' squad info.

Regardless of how you do it, PLEASE indicate clearly who your teammate is, and which player is playing which squad. Also, please make sure that the Subject line clearly indicates that this squad info is for the Team Tournament.

Thanks!
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, September 4, 2023 12:30:22 PM

Royal Rumble Tournament Registration is OPEN! [Sunday afternoon]

I have sent my Royal Rumble squad info to Darth_Jim, who is not playing in this event. Therefore, you are all free to send me your info for this event. Please make sure that the Subject line clearly indicates that this squad info is for the Royal Rumble.

Thanks!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, September 4, 2023 7:50:27 PM

Thanks again, TINT!
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, September 5, 2023 10:37:08 AM

Force Users Unleashed tournament registration is OPEN! [Saturday Morning]

I am not playing in this event. Therefore, you are all free to send me your info for this event. Please make sure that the Subject line clearly indicates that this squad info is for the Force Users Unleashed tournament.

Thanks!

(Also note - I'm using the same formatting in this message - so please don't get confused and send this info to thereisnotry. For this event send to TimmerB123)
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, September 5, 2023 10:39:04 AM

I can confirm I have received squads from the team of thereisnotry and spryguy1981, as the neutral party.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, September 5, 2023 11:16:51 AM

100 point tournament registration is OPEN! [Friday Morning]

I have sent my squad to N3rdSl4y3r, who is not playing in this event. Therefore, you are all free to send me your info for this event. Please make sure that the Subject line clearly indicates that this squad info is for the 100 point tournament.

Thanks!

(Also note - I'm using the same formatting in this message - so please don't get confused and send this info to thereisnotry. For this event send to TimmerB123)
DarthMaim
Posted: Saturday, September 9, 2023 10:40:14 AM

I plan on playing in today's championship. I've sent my squad to tint. Is this how I register for the event. This is the first time I've ever participated in a Vassal tourney BigGrin
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, September 9, 2023 11:35:39 AM

Yep, just send squad and map in to the organizer.

Glad to have you!
DarthMaim
Posted: Saturday, September 9, 2023 11:39:04 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
Yep, just send squad and map in to the organizer.

Glad to have you!

Thanks so much! ThumbsUp