RegisterDonateLogin

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

SWM Booster Draft Tourney at StrategiCon in Los Angeles, CA - 09/03/23 Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 2:18:07 PM
Groups: Member

Greetings from Korriban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sith are again rising and this time really seething with Force lightning energy, to announce the Strategicon Convention, which is called "Gateway" in September, will be presenting a Star Wars Miniatures event on Sunday, September 3, 2023, 11:30am-5:00pm, at The Hilton Los Angeles Hotel, located just a few minutes from LAX.

11:30am-12:00pm: Registration/Pay for participation badge/Card Set + Booster sheet distribution/Squad Building

Event: 12:00pm-5:00pm: Star Wars Miniatures Sealed Booster Draft Tournament for Virtual Set # 24, "Path to Victory" with the 6 card mini set "Jedi Fallen Order", and Virtual Set #25, "Conquest and Rebellion" with the 12 card mini set "Kenobi". Participants will receive 2 random booster sheets from each set and 1 random mini from each subset, and make a 200pt team. The tourney will consist of 3-4 swiss rounds. GM will provide minis to borrow. Prize support will be provided by the convention for the top 2 participants. These 2 new sets are unbelievable and again continue to do what Wizards of the Coast couldn't do; make a more balanced game, and help the seldom used factions to actually be playable! Introducing many new SW expanded universe characters, Disney + Star Wars movies and streaming series characters, special abilities, Force powers, and cool commander effects, in which all factions are represented. With many new special abilities, Force powers, and characters never done yet in SWM, there are many new elements to keep our beloved game new, fresh, and super fun. You do not want to miss out on playing in a tourney with these exciting new sets!

Strategicon, is the proud Con that is So Cals finest gaming convention! It takes place Presidents Day, Memorial Day, and Labor Day weekends, every year. Each holiday weekend has a special Con name, and Labor Day weekend is known as Gateway. Please join us in battle as we slash, Force push, Force pull, Force lightning, Force grip, Sith sorcery, Force whirlwind, blast, grenade, missles, flame thrower, pulse cannon, atlatyl, razorbug, and thudbug the day away. I hope to see everyone there............................May the Force be with us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gateway 2023

Sunday, Sept. 03, 2023, 11:30am-5:00pm
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
5711 West Century Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90045
310-410-6250
Strategicon, 408-266-2475, ext.4

www.strategicon.net

Mando
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2023 2:30:12 AM

This sounds like a ton of fun! I hope you get a good turnout and have fun with the sealed booster format. There are some very good pieces in these last 2 v-sets and while some like Mantis Crew require synergy with each other to be really good, it'll be interesting to see what emerges as the top squad when everything can be played together. My guess is that Tulak will be quite strong on whatever team that player gets.
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2023 10:58:32 AM

Mando wrote:
This sounds like a ton of fun! I hope you get a good turnout and have fun with the sealed booster format. There are some very good pieces in these last 2 v-sets and while some like Mantis Crew require synergy with each other to be really good, it'll be interesting to see what emerges as the top squad when everything can be played together. My guess is that Tulak will be quite strong on whatever team that player gets.

Thanks Mando! I've been running booster drafts here in Los Angeles all the way back to when Wizards of the Coast was still making the game. We always have a blast with the booster draft format. I mix it up and do it a little different than most venues. I distribute 2 boosters from each set and 1 random mini from each subset to each participant, to build a 200pt team. We use the "Revenge of the Sith" hard board map for all players, so that the games go quick and engagement happens much faster. With the SWM's community still making new sets, it keeps the game exciting and fresh! I usually get 6-8 players that sign up and compete 3 times a year, at StrategiCon, here in Los Angeles ThumbsUp