RegisterDonateLogin

Search your feelings. You know it to be Bloo.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament (Fall of 2023) information/sign up thread Options
Mando
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2023 7:56:44 AM
Groups: Member

glad to have all the returning and new players! so far it is looking like Round 1 will consist of 1 game, round 2 will be 1 game, round 3 will be 2 games and round 4 will be 2 games. Cut to top 4 for playoffs. If we get some more players, we can add more games to round 1 and 2. Everyone will get to play everyone once, but what point level you face someone is up to my Round robin tournament generator. Don't underestimate the importance of building a good 100pt squad or a 150pt squad even tho there is just 1 game so far to be played at that level. Those points you get can help you get to the playoffs
Darth O
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2023 2:48:15 PM

I'm in!
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2023 2:02:01 AM

I have submitted my Round 1 100pt squad & map, so everyone now can send me there squad & map choice for Round 1 by bloomail. Excited to get this tournament started this week! There is still time if some would like to join.
DarthMaim
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2023 6:51:07 PM

Mando wrote:
I have submitted my Round 1 100pt squad & map, so everyone now can send me there squad & map choice for Round 1 by bloomail. Excited to get this tournament started this week! There is still time if some would like to join.

Mine is in as well!

"This is where the fun begins............" ThumbsUp
DarthMaim
Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2023 6:07:55 PM

When is the deadline for Rd 2 teams?
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2023 3:07:37 AM

everyone can send me their team and map choice for round 2 now. Mine are sent to thereisnotry since i have played against him already. I'll get a new thread posted for round 2 today
DarthMaim
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2023 11:47:39 AM

Mando wrote:
glad to have all the returning and new players! so far it is looking like Round 1 will consist of 1 game, round 2 will be 1 game, round 3 will be 2 games and round 4 will be 2 games. Cut to top 4 for playoffs. If we get some more players, we can add more games to round 1 and 2. Everyone will get to play everyone once, but what point level you face someone is up to my Round robin tournament generator. Don't underestimate the importance of building a good 100pt squad or a 150pt squad even tho there is just 1 game so far to be played at that level. Those points you get can help you get to the playoffs

Just to clarify; next week will be rnd 3 @ 200pts and we'll be playing 2 games ( in a 2 wk span ) and then in rnd 4 @ 350pts, we'll be playing 2 games ( in a 2 wk span ). Then the top 4 go to the playoffs. Is this correct? Also, what happens if there are ties in points? What determines tie breakers, in terms of order placement and top 4, especially in regards to seeds 4 and 5?
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 12:04:13 PM

DarthMaim wrote:
Mando wrote:

Just to clarify; next week will be rnd 3 @ 200pts and we'll be playing 2 games ( in a 2 wk span ) and then in rnd 4 @ 350pts, we'll be playing 2 games ( in a 2 wk span ). Then the top 4 go to the playoffs. Is this correct? Also, what happens if there are ties in points? What determines tie breakers, in terms of order placement and top 4, especially in regards to seeds 4 and 5?

We will play 2 games in round 3 at 200pts over roughly 2 weeks, and then 2 games in round 4 at 350pts over roughly 2 weeks. Ties are determined by if someone beat the other person at similar points in the standings. With round robin, everyone will have played everyone else so we should be able to resolve it that way.
DarthMaim
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 8:26:46 PM

Mando wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:
Mando wrote:

We will play 2 games in round 3 at 200pts over roughly 2 weeks, and then 2 games in round 4 at 350pts over roughly 2 weeks. Ties are determined by if someone beat the other person at similar points in the standings. With round robin, everyone will have played everyone else so we should be able to resolve it that way.

Ok, so I haven't played Mando, Darth O, and Spryguy, and then my 4th game would be a bye then, due to Caedus dropping out? ( not necessarily in that exact order ).
Mando
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2023 2:40:53 AM

DarthMaim wrote:
Mando wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:
Mando wrote:

Ok, so I haven't played Mando, Darth O, and Spryguy, and then my 4th game would be a bye then, due to Caedus dropping out? ( not necessarily in that exact order ).

correct
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2023 9:31:31 AM

Mando wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:
Mando wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:
Mando wrote:

correct

ThumpUp