RegisterDonateLogin

Has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Rollcall Options
chiech22
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2023 9:26:33 AM
Groups: Member

Long time lurker - came out of the shadows to get whooped in a tournament and meet people that I met years ago. More active in the summer when I am not working. This is such a great community, a shame so many fell off when WOTC stopped making minis.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2023 7:30:07 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Darth O wrote:
I took a year or so out, but now I'm back. I've just moved to Canada from New Zealand, so I'm excited to be able to play at GenCon in years to come.

Welcome to North America!
Yes, Canada just became a better place to live!

When we played each other at VassalCon, Oliver told me the good news (that he now lives near me), so we talked about how epic it would be to drive together to GenCon next year!

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen....

I was very happy to read this. GenCon trips with Tint made very fond memories.

I am no more than the occasional lurker. I spend my gaming time and energy these days organizing and playing Twilight Imperium 4. We have a 7 player game this coming Saturday. SWM will always have a special place in my heart.
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2023 7:33:12 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Darth O wrote:
I took a year or so out, but now I'm back. I've just moved to Canada from New Zealand, so I'm excited to be able to play at GenCon in years to come.

When we played each other at VassalCon, Oliver told me the good news (that he now lives near me), so we talked about how epic it would be to drive together to GenCon next year!

Or a trip to Ohio for a Regional!!!ThumbsUpWoot Woot
dreadtech
Posted: Sunday, November 5, 2023 3:32:20 PM

OP, update to 20/10/23 last post

Well for October less than 20 posted, while i know not everyone will post, it's a little disappointing that so few are still here.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, November 5, 2023 5:53:49 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

dreadtech wrote:
OP, update to 20/10/23 last post

Well for October less than 20 posted, while i know not everyone will post, it's a little disappointing that so few are still here.

You can see how many logged in... somewhere on here. Let me see if I can find that page...

Yeah, just go to Members at the top and then sort by last login date. Looks like about 125 different accounts have logged in since the beginning of October. No telling how many are bots, though.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, November 6, 2023 6:21:57 AM

Caedus wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Darth O wrote:

Or a trip to Ohio for a Regional!!!ThumbsUpWoot Woot
Yeah, that would be cool too! However, driving all that way (time, mileage, gas) is less daunting when it's a multi-day event with multiple tournaments. It's not so easy to justify when it's just for a single event.

I remember when Gerry used to host us all at his house for FrostyCon every January/February in Rochester, NY. It was a weekend loaded full of SWM, with multiple tournaments, and even prizes to boot! I seem to recall that we regularly had more than 10 players show up for that.

I wonder if our Regionals might gain more traction if they had a multi-tournament benefit, like FrostyCon did...and of course, having free accommodations was really helpful too. I totally understand that most of us are not able to host something like FrostyCon, but I'm just articulating some of the factors that might help to increase attendance at in-person events that aren't GenCon.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Monday, November 6, 2023 10:45:03 AM

I’m on sporadically. I had a bit of a hiatus the past 4 years, but I’ve been using the site more this past year as I’ve gotten into SW5E so I’m using my minis more and have been updating my collection.

I actually played my first minis game in over a year yesterday. I’m trying to teach a new player and may be more regular if he starts wanting to play more. Mostly just a lurker though.