RegisterDonateLogin

Would never consciously betray the Rebellion.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Energy Shield Projector Options
Chargers
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2023 10:19:27 AM
Groups: Member

Help me understand this ability.

The Glossary says:
Quote:
Usable immediately when this character or an adjacent ally is hit by a nonmelee attack; this character reduces the damage to 10 with a save of 11 and adjacent allies automatically fail saves that prevent or reduce damage for the rest of this turn or until this character is defeated

So...
The target gets a chance to reduce almost all damage but adjacent allies take a huge penalty?
What happens if my figure A is hit with one attack and my adjacent figure B is hit with the next attack? Do they then swap who is now the 'penalized' figure? Can that swap back if A is hit next?

Why would you want to run a figure with this ability?
Overley28
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2023 11:11:58 AM

I think it works as a bodyguard almost. If the adjacent character gets hit once, you can save 11 to take 10 damage with this character. If the adjacent character is hit again, I think you could use this ability again to take only another 10 damage.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2023 12:03:57 PM

The idea is that they can’t also Evade/Shields/Dark Armor to negate the whole damage amount. The 10 damage goes to the original target.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2023 7:35:42 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

CorellianComedian wrote:
The idea is that they can’t also Evade/Shields/Dark Armor to negate the whole damage amount. The 10 damage goes to the original target.

This is it. Note that it triggers "immediately", so it has to be used before rolling saves for anything else. You can roll Evade to avoid all the damage, or you can roll Energy Shield Projector first but then you fail the Evade save automatically. If you make the Energy Shield Projector save, you (meaning this character or the ally being protected... whoever is the target of the attack) still take 10 damage.
Chargers
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 9:33:51 AM

Ah, got it. Your replies greatly helped. Thanks