RegisterDonateLogin

Help me Bloo Milk, you're my only hope.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Best way or website to sell collection Options
saeseetiin
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2024 9:14:26 AM
Groups: Member

Hey everyone, been a while since I've been around. Hope everyone doing good. I've been contemplating selling my collection for a while now and have been reluctant cause of the great times I've had with this game but also I have not played it in a very long time and feel like my collection should be put to better use.
It's a full collection no missing pieces or expansions well over 1,500 pieces and doubles and triples and more of the better uncommon/common figures.
I was once offered 2k for the collection on here. I won't say who but I feel like that offer was a bit low. Especially compared with some of the prices I see per set on ebay.
If anyone knows a good way to sell them for a reasonable price or have sold their collection before please let me know, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2024 9:33:13 AM

That's the thing: if you want full value for your collection you'll need to sell it in pieces on Ebay or elsewhere (in small lots or even as singles)...you might get up to $5000 for everything, though it'll take you a lot of time and effort to do it that way. 6 years ago I sold a whole pile of D&D minis (over something like 20 auctions) and made some good money for it, but that was a pile of work. And I've heard that eBay now charges more than they did in the past, so even with a full $5000 pricetag, eBay will take a portion of that for themselves.

But whenever you sell it as an entire collection people will expect a (significant) discount. $2000 is a decent-ish offer for your collection, depending on a number of factors (condition of cards & minis, storage/organization system, etc), but you might ask that person if he'd consider $3000 for your collection.

It seems to me that selling your collection to a store (Troll & Toad or MiniatureMarket, etc) is definitely NOT the way to get the most money for your collection, since they're trying to create a profit margin for themselves and the people buying from them would also consider buying from you.
saeseetiin
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2024 9:45:08 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
That's the thing: if you want full value for your collection you'll need to sell it in pieces on Ebay or elsewhere (in small lots or even as singles)...you might get up to $5000 for everything, though it'll take you a lot of time and effort to do it that way. 6 years ago I sold a whole pile of D&D minis (over something like 20 auctions) and made some good money for it, but that was a pile of work. And I've heard that eBay now charges more than they did in the past, so even with a full $5000 pricetag, eBay will take a portion of that for themselves.

But whenever you sell it as an entire collection people will expect a (significant) discount. $2000 is a decent-ish offer for your collection, depending on a number of factors (condition of cards & minis, storage/organization system, etc), but you might ask that person if he'd consider $3000 for your collection.

It seems to me that selling your collection to a store (Troll & Toad or MiniatureMarket, etc) is definitely NOT the way to get the most money for your collection, since they're trying to create a profit margin for themselves and the people buying from them would also consider buying from you.

I see sets on ebay going for 400+ for the later 40 piece sets. We have 17 sets also I have every expansion. I get it I won't get full value but can't see how 2k is even close. This is everything they ever made plus tons of extras. I feel like if I went super low and say average set price is about 200 that's still 3,400 and we didn't even mention the price on every expansion that are probably not see easy to find. All the exclusive stuff is here, hoth , geonosis, even some some rebels and imperial set. The collection is mostly in excellent condition some is good as they were played. Most of the cards are in hard plastic cards sleeves
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2024 3:23:37 PM

Great! Then it looks like your best option is probably to create 17 eBay auctions, with 1 auction per set/expansion. That'll put your total income for the project at around $6800 or so, minus eBay fees.

For a $4800 difference ($6800 minus $2000) it seems like a really good return on your investment of time.

All the best to you in this! It looks like a worthwhile project.