RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo Milk travels single file to hide its numbers.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread (Round 4) (Spring 2024) Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, April 8, 2024 9:48:02 AM
Groups: Member

Spryguy1981 (3) def Mando (1) 406-268 on Ravaged Base

Round 1 was positioning

Round 2 Eryl killed a Shadow Scout, Mara killed 3, Bazel Warv force phased through the wall and killed a scout. Mara was killed. I moved up Revan and Luke with some bodyguards to set up the Sorcery

Rounds 3-5 I sorcery-ed a huge chunk of his squad in all 3 rounds and slowly whittled down Vader, Han killed Tarkin, Han died, Bazel died, Taco died, Lumiya died to a crit. Death Trooper died

Round 6 the rest of his squad died.

End of the game I had 70HP Wedge, 80HP Luke, 50HP Revan, and an uggie.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, April 8, 2024 2:57:34 PM

thereisnotry defeats urbanjedi 3-1 (356-189)

Jason won the map roll so we played on the Starport District. I set up on the right. After setup, Versatility kicked in: Han and Leia both became cooler (both taking Accurate Shot), but Luke was already cool enough (mostly because he had OWF, which would be helpful vs SSM and Makashi Styles).

Round 1: I won init and let Jason start. Typical beginning stuff for our squads: Leia took 30dmg on a door breach. Mace and AniObi spent a bunch of fp trying to become Killiks (Mace did but AniObi didn't). Han and Chewie both took some shots at the jedi, but only 1 of Chewie's shots stuck (vs AniObi). I ended the round with both Luke and Old Ben in gambit, and Jason just 1 square outside of gambit. 18-0 for me.

Round 2: Jason won init and Mace charged into Luke, doing 60dmg after all was said and done...but Luke had done 140 back because he made every single Djem So save (a trend which would continue all game, btw). Scared Old Ben then laid into AniObi (who had 0fp), and did 100dmg, along with a killing shot on Mace. Luke tried to finish them off with OWF, but missed 2 of his 4 attacks (needing just three of them to hit), so AniObi lived with 10hp. A Worker charged at Old Ben but missed. Chewie killed the worker and missed AniObi. Ferus moved forward to bodyguard for the important jedi (he was just an intern, not a full employee). A Joiner charged at Luke but rolled abysmally bad. My droids ran up to help position Luke into a healthier position, and provide a dmg boost (via Relay Orders). Maris charged to lay some damage into Luke (bodyguarded) and took a sweet 60dmg back via Djem So. Then Shaak Ti charged in to kill Ferus. Sabine tossed a grenade (save 15s) on both Shaak and Maris, but both of them danced away without trouble. Han took finished off AniObi, finally. 194-27 for me.

Round 3: Jason won init, which was HUGE. First, a Joiner charged in to kill Luke. Then (via Hive Mind) the other Joiner charged in to hit my 70hp Old Ben. I failed both SSM saves (down to 10hp) but thankfully made both of my Paralysis saves. I then moved Leia up so that she was within 6 of Old Ben, who summarily dispatched both Joiners who were beside him. Then the hermit moved over to Jedi Mind Trick both Shaak and Maris (save 16s), and they both failed their saves...at this point Jason said that was likely the game. Unuthul charged at Old Ben, but he made his save to survive. Same thing with a Drone. Artoo killed the Drone, and Threepio moved into position to protect Old Ben by preventing the Queen from finding a spot adjacent to him. Han put a sweet 80dmg into Shaak Ti, then Sabine tossed a grenade which hit Maris (down to 10hp) but not Sabine. But then Chewie charged in to kill Shaak Ti, so that was ok. My Breachman then played the hero and killed off the 10hp Maris (Traps). 333-89 for me

Round 4: Jason won init. Unuthul laid into Old Ben and finally killed him. Han put 40dmg into Unuthul, and Sabine did 40dmg to the Queen with a grenade. Chewie did no damage to Unuthul (still at 70). Leia killed a Porg. 356-189 for me.

We played it out after this and I won init and was able to finish off the other pieces without trouble.

Wow, what a game! So much fun. It was very close. In the end we agreed that the dice were pretty fair, though they were clumpy at times. Luke doing a LOT of damage by making all of his Djem So saves was big. But even bigger than that was the huge phase Jason had at the start of Round 3, killing Luke and forcing Old Ben to make 2 Paralysis saves...if I had failed either of those saves it would've been much, much closer. Maris probably would've died to Chewie, but then Shaak Ti would've laid into Han for 80dmg or else killed Leia and someone else. But as it was, Old Ben had a massive turn, where he prevented Jason's remaining jedi from activating again. As always, it's fun to play with J. Thanks!
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2024 8:11:49 PM

N3rdSl4y3r defeats Hi-Fives (376 to 244) on Frigid Outpost (3-1).

I won map, Hi-Fives took the right side and set up on top.

Round 1: Hi-Fives rolls reserves and bring in another ARC. Talon pushes up Montross who draws a line at the new ARC trooper and launches missiles. They take out the ARC and damage Yoda & Niner. Boba takes shots at Yoda, bringing him down to 60hp after some failed saves. R2 tows up Fives, and Fives kills Montross with a crit and some poor beskar saves.

Round 2: Hi-Fives rolls reserves and bring in yet another ARC. We each blow open some doors, and then Din cable grabs to shoot and kill an ARC. R2 tows up Fives, who kills Mira with a crit. Yoda runs up and wacks Din, and gets counter pushed away.

Round 3: No extra troops for Hi-Fives, but Yoda starts off attacking Din. Tribal Intervention kicks in and Embo is able to take out Yoda and save Grogu. Din cable grabs and uses whistling birds to take out Niner and an ARC. Embo charges in and kills Rex. R2 tows up Fives, who kills Embo, no crit needed. Ordo and the ARC troopers bring Din down to 10hp. Yularen is now brave enough to show his head, and he kills Din. Cad Bane doesn't miss the opportunity to take out Yularen.

Round 4: Hi-Fives would have gotten troops had Yoda been alive. Talon pushes up Boba, and Boba kills R2, Fordo and hits Ordo. Ordo and the ARC troopers bring Boba down to 10 hp. Hero ugnaught comes in and hits the crit on Boba to kill him. Cad Bane leaves Fives with 10hp after a missed attack.

Round 5: Hi-Fives wins init and Ordo hits Cad Bane for 20dmg and Talon with 20 dmg from splash. Cad Bane takes out Ordo and an ARC trooper. Fives tries to kill another person with a crit, but his rolls run out. Kills this round put me over 350 pts.

This was a great game. Instant action from the first few activations. Even though Montross did not live long the initial missiles damage was pretty important, it left several people low enough for whistling birds to clean up later. Was funny to see Boba go down to an uggie. Glad the Hi-Fives was able to join the tournament, hoping to see him in some others.
Mando
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2024 6:18:07 AM

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2024: Round 4, game #2
Darth Maim (2 pts) defeats urbanshmi (0 pts) : (273 to 78)
spryguy1981 (3 pts) defeats Mando (1 pt) : (406-268)
thereisnotry (3 pts) defeats urbanjedi (1 pts) : (356-189)
N3rdSl4y3r (3 pts) defeats Hi-Fives (1 pt) : (376 to 244)
gandalf (3pts) defeats Darth O (0 pt) : (380-121)

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2024
Leaderboard after round 4, game #2 completion.
1: 15 Points: N3rdSl4y3r - WWWWW
2: 13 Points: gandalf - WWWLW
3: 12 Points: Spryguy1981 - WWLWW
4: 11 Points: Thereisnotry - WLWLW
5: 9 Points: DarthMaim - LWLWW
6. 7 Points : urbanshmi - LWWLL
7: 7 Points: urbanjedi - LLLWL
8: 6 Points: Darth O - WLLLL
9. 5 Points: High-Fives - LLWLL
10. 4 Points: Mando - LLLWL
Mando
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2024 6:42:02 AM