RegisterDonateLogin

Senses much fear in you.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Kal Skirata, Mandalorian Commando Options
Darth Chaos
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 2:49:48 PM
Groups: Member

I just finished all of Karen Traviss' Republic Commando novels. Kal is a teaser for you. We're revamping the RC's and the ARC's, and also doing a Walon Vau.

Just out of curiosity, do you think he's under-costed for Conscription? I debated doing a version that had:

Mandalorian Adoption (Allied characters whose name contains Republic Commando or ARC Trooper are considered Mandalorian for the rest of the skirmish.)

But then I though that Conscription is really what Skirata does, and it's a cool ability that is useless on Mandalore The Ultimate, who is too expensive to make it a viable ability. I figured it would also make Mandos much more versatile, since they're so short on cool CE's.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

We'll have two new 6 card layouts up soon, possibly by the 17th. You can find our other layouts here:

DARK SIDE's Custom Minis Thread

Some have been updated recently after play testing, so check it out.

Darth Chaos
The Dark Side
Sarasota, FL 34236

jediinexhile
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 8:34:27 AM

Great custom stat card! BigGrin I think it is identical to the WOTC stat cards; do you have the fonts for the stat cards? Could you make a custom stat card for Ronan Barec? He's a made up Mandalorian from the who fought along side the New Republic against the Yuzzum Vong. I think you can find his bio on the the web.

Regards
carnorjax1
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 11:15:52 AM

Awesome, honestly though I would use Mandolorian adoption instead of conscription, it reflects more on Skirata in the books.
Darth Chaos
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 4:01:57 PM

jediinexhile wrote:
Great custom stat card! BigGrin I think it is identical to the WOTC stat cards; do you have the fonts for the stat cards? Could you make a custom stat card for Ronan Barec? He's a made up Mandalorian from the who fought along side the New Republic against the Yuzzum Vong. I think you can find his bio on the the web.

Regards

Unfortunately we've got quite a back-log of figures we're creating/fixing, and only one person with the Photoshop skills to pull off the cards. In fact, we've had several people who want custom cards, but we've had to turn them down.
Darth Chaos
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 4:04:25 PM

carnorjax1 wrote:
Awesome, honestly though I would use Mandolorian adoption instead of conscription, it reflects more on Skirata in the books.

In the books he's got a huge network of people who help him or wind up joining his cause to save the clones. It's not actual conscription, but I thought it fit the character in a broader sense than adoption, as he doesn't adopt EVERYONE that helps him.

I went with conscription mainly because the Mandos need something to bolster the faction. With Rieekan giving allies Evade and Mobile, Grievous giving all droids Twin and +4/+4, and GOWK giving followers +4/+4, it's getting tough to operate with the limited Mando choices and expensive Mando CE's. It looks like the new set basically gives the entire universe Evade, Mobile, and Twin!

IMO, the Mandos need SOMETHING to compete, and Conscription is the only really unique effect I've seen for them, and I'm afraid that Adoption might be too limited to really help, though I plan to use it in the future (perhaps for a Mandalore The Preserver).

I haven't play tested this build, yet, so I'm not sure how broken Conscription can actually be for a relatively low point cost. And Adoption might be more fitting, anyway, at least from a game balance perspective.

Wait until you see the Republic Commandos and Vau!!