RegisterDonateLogin

Is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Ranged Adjacent and Melee Lightsaber Throws Options
seijunzenshou
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 3:50:00 AM
Groups: Member

I'm sure this has been asked before. But when an adjacent character attacks with a blaster (I.E. a mini without the Melee attack drawback), is that considered a ranged attack, in otherwords, you can't lightsaber block etc etc.

Also, is a lightsaber throw considered Melee and therefor susceptable to Djem responses?

These are two issues I've run into that seem to not make any sort of sense. I don't see how you can Djem So a ranged attack just because the word "Lightsaber" is in the name. The text reads nothing about melee, and is hardly a melee attack by any rights. And I feel the same way about adjacent characters with guns being immune to both Evade and Lightsaber Block, it doesn't make much sense to me.

Clarifications and validations please?
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:02:51 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

You can only make Melee Attacks if you have the Melee Attack SA.

Lightsaber Throw attacks are considered non-melee. This is in the glossary defination. Throw is one of 3 abilities that changes the type of attack currently (Lightsaber Throw, Poisoned Blade, and Blaster)
seijunzenshou
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:32:19 AM

An addendum to this question. Say a character with self destruct was adjacent to your jedi. And you force push him to death. Does the self destruct trigger before or after the force pushes movement effect? I submitted that the full action has to resolve before the damage is dealt. I.E., Deal 20 damage and move two spaces. Not Deal 20 damage. Then check to see if the character can be moved. Then move him two spaces. Would the character with self-destruct still blow up on the spot, or would he blow up in the designated spot?
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:55:52 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

You resolve the effects in the order the ability says. So damage is applied and resolved, and then you move the figure if possible. This is covered in the FAQ.
seijunzenshou
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 5:12:02 AM

Word. Appreciate your prompt answers! Danke.
headache62
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 6:35:30 AM

seijunzenshou wrote:
I don't see how you can Djem So a ranged attack just because the word "Lightsaber" is in the name.

Just to offer some clarification on this point: Remember that even if a non-melee character is making an adjacent attack using the "Lightsaber +10" SA, that does not mean they are making a Melee attack.

Example: Mara Jade, Jedi. She is non-melee, and she has the "Lightsaber +10" SA. Even when she is adjacent and the "Lightsaber" SA kicks in (you can't "turn it off"), her attacks are still non-melee and subject to LS Deflect instead of LS Block.

I hope that helps! :)