Jabba's Palace #63 (IF there's going to be a shooter-friendly map then I think this one deserves consideration)
Offworld Shipping Center #69 (it's been a while, but it's always been an enjoyable map)
Smuggler's Base #78 (I'll keep suggesting it, even though people don't seem to like it)
SINKHOLE #82 (seriously, I think this one deserves a real look; it made for some fun games at Vassal Con)
Cantina #86 (** see my suggestion, below)
Modular Base #87 (it's been a while, but this map still makes for exciting games)
Tomb of the Acolytes #108 (this was on the list in 2013 or something. Why not since then?)
Knight's Outpost #151 (** see my suggestion, below. This one could be interesting if RD was irrelevant on this map)
**Suggestion**So often in the past, we've removed certain maps from consideration solely because they have too many Low Objects squares, which would allow Rigged Detonators to become too dominant and therefore shape the meta in a way we don't like. Okay, good decision; I don't think anyone wants to play in a Mira-centric meta again.
However, it's our game; we can make the decisions that we want to make, and those decisions can be for a specific timeframe if we so choose. So how about this as a tag, applied to certain specific maps on the 2027 Maplist:
Rigged Detonators doesn't work on this map in competitive play events in 2027. This will bring a whole bunch of maps back into consideration, which we've chosen not to consider in recent years only because of Rigged Detonators.
It'll be easy to remember and indicate. For example, this is what a tournament info description could look like:
Quote:Restricted Maplist:
Death Star
Rancor Pen
Cantina (no Rigged Detonators)
ABC map
XYZ map
I'd be curious to hear what people have to say about this suggestion, using any arguments
other than
"We haven't done it that way before."