Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Surprise Move? Options
MrSmileys
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:40:46 AM
Groups: Member

Ok for Surprise move it says.

Quote:
Surprise Move

Force 1; Once per round, after initiative is determined, this character can immediately move up to its Speed before any other character activates

My question is, do you have to use it at the beginning of the round. Or can it be any time during the round. I know with abilities like intuition it says "before the first activation of the game" but this does not say that. So if we are a few turns and i have not used it yet can i?
maverick
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:42:34 AM

MrSmileys wrote:

Quote:
Surprise Move

Force 1; Once per round, after initiative is determined, this character can immediately move up to its Speed before any other character activates

My question is, do you have to use it at the beginning of the round. Or can it be any time during the round. I know with abilities like intuition it says "before the first activation of the game" but this does not say that. So if we are a few turns and i have not used it yet can i?

My guess is immediately after initiative is determined.
MrSmileys
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:56:38 AM

Thats what i was thinking as well but normally they state that kind of thing. I think the clinching factor on this is "before any other character activates" if you do in the middle of a round other chars have activated.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 12:13:28 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

MrSmileys wrote:

Quote:
Surprise Move

After initiative is determined, AND before any other character activates. But not necessarily before other beginning of round stuff (like placing reserves or immediate droid reserves, etc).
MoCrush
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:12:38 PM

I know this is a dumb question but moving up to speed is like a extra turn correct?can you make attacks and all..sorry, im new.
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:18:53 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

MoCrush wrote:
I know this is a dumb question but moving up to speed is like a extra turn correct?can you make attacks and all..sorry, im new.

No question is a dumb question, as long as you don't know the answer already.

But yeah, no you can't make attacks or anything. A characters speed is just how much they can move and be able to make an attack. Most character's speed is 6, but some have different speeds and that would be printed on their card. So, when it says you can move your speed, that's the only thing you can do: essentially, move 6 squares.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:18:53 PM

MoCrush wrote:

no you cant, think of it like "intuition" with Zuckus or a bothan Commando.
all you do is move after inish is determined.
its a good way to place a mini for an attack, or a great way to get out of an enemies way.
so no, moving your speed before inish due to the ability would not constitute a turn.
its a free move.
MoCrush
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:05:39 PM

thanks!!