RegisterDonateLogin

Your cells have the highest concentration of Bloo Milk I have ever seen in a life-form.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Use of cad bane Options
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:06:20 AM
Groups: Member

So i've not been a fan of cad bane since his stats were realised but i decided to give him a shot so i ran this the other night.

54 cad bane
32 thrawn
18 nina
11 ozzel
8 mas
8 scout trooper
5 noble
5 stormie
x3 uggs

it ended up winning against my gf's tough vong team (YA SS Swap!)

His damage is excelent but SS is just kind of overkill for him IMHO i mean he was never in line of sight the whole game he always went last got swapped to the back and killed something then got swapped back after MT. he didnt take any damage but he was never in line of sight.

I think he can be very dangerous. He's fast, He shoots great, his damage is excelent, he even looks cool.

SS is (for me at least) Just not the way to go with mr bane.

Heres what i'll try next

54 Cad "the bad" Bane
32 Thrawn
28 Dash Rendar RS
11 Ozzel
8 Mas
5 noble
x4 Uggies

Dash gives cad some much needed back-up and you put out 200 damage per round. OUCH! keep out of line of sight and hope you dont hit dodonna (which is tough in the meta im in)

Other then that i'd have to say i was wrong about cad bane he's very usefull and his 54 point cost makes you be very carefull how you use him, I just hope he doesnt get abused by everyone at my LGS now. :)

David
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 4:05:05 AM

Good job dave on that superstealth bane squad. Nyna is one of my favorite figs, and then running ozzel with it (reguardless of who things it is a bad fig) is also... There is nothing better for me that moving out on at a time with a bunch of low end, low cost figs, out activation the crap out of your opponent, and the moving our the hoard!

I see where you are wanting to run dash. I think that you could do something different man, Dash is ok, and he is a nice back up, only if he can hit. With that +6 to hit, and you can even get the oppurtunist for him that would be nice, but I would run him in a squad with Grand master yoda, giving him the +3 /+3 or maybe on mandos with the quatermaster, or maybe even sith. I just think that he is a flawed character that had the potential of being great, but has such a low base attack mod, he is a waste of points.
bountyhunter9
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 8:29:02 AM

I agree. Get Jagged Fel in there to give Dash Gregarious!
billiv15
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 8:45:07 AM

I agree with the OP on Nyna. I think Sith missed the part where you said she was overkill :) But anyways, what about Arica instead of Dash. That would be what I would do. Then you don't even need to worry about using Ozzel and getting out activated, as well as having the option to go early or late, with cunning and opp on Arica.
Weeks
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 12:18:14 PM

@ bill ya bill normally i would do arica there (she is my fav piece and all) :) but i just traded for dash and wanted to try him next.

@sith i thought the same thing when i first saw him too, but after i got ran over in regionals by GOWK/REX/DASH i saw his potential to be deadly. i do see what you mean by him in there it would be tough for him always to hit with that crappy Echani Handmaiden type +6 to attack (my gf loves those chicks, but she always seems to hit with them lol).

I think if you were building this team i.e. Cad Bane in Imperials at championship level (150) its really tough for him to cover his points and not die. Swap helps this emensly (i'm a bad speller) by getting him to the back and letting him unload on either some commanders or a high point piece.

Here's why i'm not a huge fan.

Lets say i swap cad in at the end of the round and he shoots at Mara jede, Jedi (i have to play against her all the time thats why i use her) say also mara is backed up by general wedge so she has evade, i base her with cad so i can be sure to hit. Mara's got a 20d so cad can shoot her unboosted at a +16 4 times for 80 damage. next round if i lose ini cad bane dies a horrible death and i lose 54 points and mara is at 30 hp

Same situation but with dash/jagged combo
Base mara unload at +14 so its 2 less still hit 75% of the time so its good odds i hit 4 times dash will do 80 damage. Next round if i lose ini mara serves up diced dash i lose 28 points and mara is at 30 hp.

See what i mean if i lose dash i still prob have something else nasty that i can use to finish off mara and i have the benefit of exchanging dash for damage on a big piece, or for something major on my opponents team. i'm able to give up 28 points because i'm pretty confident i can clean up whatever mess he leaves. "breaking eggs" as bill calls it.

But if i use cad bane (who has only 10 more health then dash btw) and i do the same thing im out my big gun and have to try to use support to clean, which can work but its not the best thing in the world to do.

i think cad is fun as hell to play its like having a bad A captain rex but HE'S FRINGE!

In no way do i see him becoming as huge in touneys as BFBH, Luke's SnowSpeeder, or even Mara.

but on the fun side of things i think we will see him everywhere he's like the new cad bounty hunter but better in some ways.

Anyway thats just what i've found in my research into him so far, please let me know what you guys think of him. If i posted stuff thats WAY off be sure and let me know lol

David