RegisterDonateLogin

I'm a Toydarian. Mind tricks don't work on me. Only Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

rolling cleave and things like mighty swing and deadeye Options
Yames2.0
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:25:43 AM
Groups: Member

ok i know if u rolling cleave after ur first attack if u used double attack u can then use ur second attack from double after ur cleave even thow double says if you dont move...

so what about mighty swing? can i move but not get the extra damge on the next attack or am i forced to use rolling cleave like cleave if i use mighty swing what would be awosme is if i can move and get the extra damge thow i doubt thats the answer....
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:23:46 PM

No, if a character has declared Mighty Swing, Deadeye, etc. and triggers rolling cleave, they get the extra attack, but cannot move.
Yames2.0
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:39:22 PM

i am fine with this ruling and think it should be this way but now i have to ask why can u move if u declare double attack? or have i been mislead on this
Ruhk
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:41:11 PM

Because its in the official FAQ.
Yames2.0
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:43:51 PM

Ruhk wrote:
Because its in the official FAQ.

hmm thats a good reason...
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:04:31 PM

It's because how Double/Triple/etc. work is that you forfeit your standard allotted movement for additional attacks. If you have bonus movement granted to you (e.g. Rolling Cleave or Leia RH's CE), you can use it.

While with Deadeye, Careful Shot, etc. when once declared, you can't move period.
Chargers
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 1:53:48 AM

Yames2.0 wrote:
i am fine with this ruling and think it should be this way but now i have to ask why can u move if u declare double attack? or have i been mislead on this

With Deadeye, Mighty Swing, and other abilities like them, you have to declare up-front because that affects your attack bonus.

You don't actually declare Double Attack until after you've made your first attack. You can see how the first attack goes and then choose to attack again or move.
saeseetiin
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:37:01 AM

Chargers wrote:
Yames2.0 wrote:

With Deadeye, Mighty Swing, and other abilities like them, you have to declare up-front because that affects your attack bonus.

You don't actually declare Double Attack until after you've made your first attack. You can see how the first attack goes and then choose to attack again or move.

Really? I always tought you had to declare double attack before you made any of your attacks.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:53:07 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

saeseetiin wrote:
Chargers wrote:
Yames2.0 wrote:

Really? I always tought you had to declare double attack before you made any of your attacks.

Nope. You don't declare multiattacks until after the first one. This is covered in the rulebook and the FAQ.
saeseetiin
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:55:15 AM

Well I like that much better.
Yames2.0
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 7:48:28 AM

Sithborg wrote:
saeseetiin wrote:
Chargers wrote:
Yames2.0 wrote:

Nope. You don't declare multiattacks until after the first one. This is covered in the rulebook and the FAQ.

this makes sense to me thank you now my question is with a triple attack if you kill sumone on the second swing do you have forfit the movement of rolling cleave since its after you declare?
Chargers
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 8:53:50 AM

Yames2.0 wrote:
this makes sense to me thank you now my question is with a triple attack if you kill sumone on the second swing do you have forfit the movement of rolling cleave since its after you declare?

Normally, after you've made your second attack you've already forfeited your movement. But Rolling Cleave lets you move 1 without it counting as a move and thus allowing you to make the immediate attack which could be followed by your third attack of the triple.

rules wrote:

Rolling Cleave
Once per turn, if this character defeats an adjacent enemy by making an attack, it can immediately move 1 square and then make 1 attack against another adjacent enemy without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Yames2.0
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2009 1:40:06 PM

Chargers wrote:
Yames2.0 wrote:

Normally, after you've made your second attack you've already forfeited your movement. But Rolling Cleave lets you move 1 without it counting as a move and thus allowing you to make the immediate attack which could be followed by your third attack of the triple.

rules wrote:

Rolling Cleave
Once per turn, if this character defeats an adjacent enemy by making an attack, it can immediately move 1 square and then make 1 attack against another adjacent enemy without provoking an attack of opportunity.

but if it doenst count as movement why does mighty swing stop it?

im sorry i feel like im being run in circles..... im honestly just confused on this
Draconarius
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2009 1:57:20 PM

Yames2.0 wrote:
Chargers wrote:
Yames2.0 wrote:

rules wrote:

Rolling Cleave

but if it doenst count as movement why does mighty swing stop it?

im sorry i feel like im being run in circles..... im honestly just confused on this

I'll take a shot at explaining it. Double Attack and Triple Attack require that you give up your normal movement. They don't require you to not move altogether, so you can still get bonus movement (like Rolling Cleave). Mighty Swing, however, requires that you not move period.
adminsidious
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:57:54 AM

Now, does rolling cleave set off momentum? Or does it have to be the end of a move "action" to gain momentum?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:42:02 AM

Yes, any form of movement will trigger Momentum.
headache62
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:54:57 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
Yes, any form of movement will trigger Momentum.

But remember, the movement must happen before your attack to benefit from Momentum - you can't say, "I'm attacking with Momentum because if I kill you then I'll use Rolling Cleave." Just for clarification.