RegisterDonateLogin

You want this...don't you?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Things that are irrelevant for trading Options
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 2:55:50 AM
Groups: Member

This is just getting on my nerves. I was just reading the trade post and I noticed a few things that should not be in the factor of trading on Bloomilk. First of all (I know I am not speaking for everyone.) who cares what your traded history is on WOTC? It is not bloomilk. I can understand that people may put it on treads to let people know that they are dependable traders, which I am ok with, but I could care less if you have a +1billion on WOTC and a +5 on bloomilk. If we are going to trade on bloomilk, we are going by bloomilks GTL score, period.

The other thing that annoys me is this one, "I have the fig/card but I am only trading for the "Fig/card." Excuse me?!? I mean come on... Someone wants to trade one but not both... Ok, this is the problem that I have with that. Why am I going to send you half of the product and trade for have of the value, when the other half does me no good? I mean, it is not my fault (Or anyone's) that you have lost, trashed, messed up, etc something that you are wanting the other have on in a trade. I am sorry, but if someone came to me with that, it would either be both pieces of the trade or nothing at all, because the other part that is not traded does me absolutely no good.

Note: This has not happened to me, so I am not upset with anyone on bloomilk. It just annoys me that people put these things on the trades forums and expect that people are going trade half of a product.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:06:27 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Hmm...If I didn't know any better, this sort of post sounds just like something another user would post...

I personally find it helpful if they list their trade ratings on WOTC. It has been around for a while and is also specifically for trading...at least the Trading section is. If you will, it's a bigger world over there.

As for trading figs and/or cards, that MUST be spelled out while arranging the trade. Ebay auctions were notorious for only selling figs or cards (I got shorted a couple times and on purpose I found out)...but if you are careful you can sort them out and find the bad ones.
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:13:35 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Hmm...If I didn't know any better, this sort of post sounds just like something another user would post...

I personally find it helpful if they list their trade ratings on WOTC. It has been around for a while and is also specifically for trading...at least the Trading section is. If you will, it's a bigger world over there.

As for trading figs and/or cards, that MUST be spelled out while arranging the trade. Ebay auctions were notorious for only selling figs or cards (I got shorted a couple times and on purpose I found out)...but if you are careful you can sort them out and find the bad ones.

You only got half of the point. Yeah WOTC Trading is nice to know, but me personally (not you or anybody else) will not traded based of the WOTC score, why? because I am not on the site, nor do I care to be!

Second, i do understand your point with ebay. But buying figs or cards separately is totally different that trade half of the product. I am not going to trade a fig to someone, keep the card, and then sell it on ebay to get less that half the value of that the product started at.
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:20:37 AM

well sith then you miss the point.

Like me I have over +120 on WOTC. Why would that matter to you??? Because in over 120 trades I have not screwed anyone. SO maybe you dont think it matters.

I would rather trade someone with 50 plus trades on WOTC and zero trades here than someone with zero trades on WOTC and only 2 plus trades here. IT is not because wizards is more important it is because the first person has been around long enough using the same user name that I am not going to get screwed. OVer the years there has been every kind of scam run on folks. That is why trade reps matter the most. IF you get screwed once you discover that the trade rating is huge.
DarthJoe8
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:29:13 AM

Yeah, what dnemiller said...ThumpUp
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:31:54 AM

Dean, I agree with you. 120+ trades is great, and it shows you are trust worthy. Yeah, you are also right about have higher trades on WOTC, it show dependability. My biggest issue is the not wotc point, it is more the trading have of an item. Right now when Chucka updates the gtl. I will have a +14 on here. I have done a lot of trading over the past 6 weeks to get figs that I need. My point on trading according the bloomilk is that if someone has a +2 on bloomilk, then yeah, I am going to want them to send to me first. if some one has a +50 on bloomilk, then I will more than likely have to send to them first. That is just the way it works. If someone on WOTC has a high trade history, that is great, all that I am saying is since I am on bloomilk, not wotc, I am going to look more that the gtl score her before I look there.
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:36:47 AM

BTW, I am not another user... the only other account that I had was "Metaledgeblade." I made that account when i was first introduced to bloomilk and the game back in June. Since I got into the game more, I wanted to make a account name that fits the theme better, so I have been with "SithflyonBasilisks" since then. This is the only account I have trades on, and this is the only account that I use period. If someone could go in an delete my old account it would alright with me.
dalsiandon
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 4:07:11 AM

I think if someone has a good rep on WOTC or gamers, why shouldn't they share that information? What negative is there really? I understand if your not a member on WOTC, or Gamers, thats fine. But guys like myself or Dean, I have a +20 something here on Bloomilk, +75 on WOTC and a 10 or something on gamers.
I look at those and say, okay if I tell you that I have all those, which adds up to about 100 good trades, u know I'm trust worthy. And it's easy to check the gtl for who left the bumps for me.

That's a bit more difficult sure because it's 3 sites. However I'm an almost exclusive Bloomilk trader anymore.

Now, if someone says all that, it's easy to reasearch and find out. if they're lying about this, you know you don't want to trade with them. It's all about learning to trust.

As for the other portion, unfortuantly, it's another CYA. Too many people are jerks, and even if you get screwed you can save the next guy. And when all the detials are hashed out, there is no argument when a party is dishonest to the other. It is clear as day.

I do understand your frustration, but I think it's a little unwarrented.
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 4:12:58 AM

dalsiandon wrote:
I think if someone has a good rep on WOTC or gamers, why shouldn't they share that information? What negative is there really? I understand if your no a member on WOTC, or Gamers, thats fine. But guys like myself or Dean, I have a +20 something here on Bloomilk, +75 on WOTC and a 10 or something on gamers.
I look at those and say, okay if I tell you that I have all those, which adds up to about 100 good trades, u know I'm trust worthy. And it's easy to check the gtl for who left the bumps for me.

That's a bit more difficult sure because it's 3 sites. However I'm an almost exclusive Bloomilk trader anymore.

Now, if someone says all that, it's easy to reasearch and find out. if they're lying about this, you know you don't want to trade with them. It's all about learning to trust.

As for the other portion, unfortuantly, it's another CYA. Too many people are jerks, and even if you get screwed you can save the next guy. And when all the detials are hashed out, there is no argument when a party is dishonest to the other. It is clear as day.

Ok, Let me make this very clear... the Trading issue with WOTC or anything else that adds up is not really my issue anymore. Frankly the only reason that I haven't edited it from the original post is because there has been several post on the subject and I don't want to confuse anyone that is reading this for the first time. My issue that really got me the most was the trading half of the product. I do think that it is funny how everyone that is posting is more concern the wotc part of it. I have stated several times that is not the main issue. Guys, would you like some cheese with that wine? Sorry, but everyone that is posting about the WOTC is clearly reading what other WOTC members are posting, more less siding with them, which I understand why, and totally over looking what I am saying about how "THE WOTC IS NOT THE ISSUE." Sorry about the caps, not trying to be rude, but maybe it will get the attention of people doing it that way.... Come on guys.
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 4:18:23 AM

and SIth I agree with you. If you are on bloomilk doing a trade then go by bloomilks refs on who should send first. Nothing wrong with that.

I will also say at this point in my swm life I dont trade much anymore. To be honest if I dont know the person very well I am trading with I will demand they send first. I dotn care about refs or anything. I am trackable enough by owning a site, being dci content manager and doing a radio show that you can find me. So if I dont know you and you want to trade that is just how i do it now. If I know the person I am trading with say like dasialdon who just posted. I would not even mention to him who is send ing first. IF he and I agreed upon a trade I would send his figure the next day no questions asked. So at this point in my sWM life I am a rule breaker... mainly because I dont trade too much anymore.

For you though... heck I remember being at zero back in the day on wizards. I remember the oh crap feeling everytime I got forced to send first. The 3 weeks of dread wondering if I got screwed. But just to let you know I never did...... so keep trading sith and get those refs up there!!!!
dalsiandon
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 4:22:39 AM

dnemiller wrote:
and SIth I agree with you. If you are on bloomilk doing a trade then go by bloomilks refs on who should send first. Nothing wrong with that.

I will also say at this point in my swm life I dont trade much anymore. To be honest if I dont know the person very well I am trading with I will demand they send first. I dotn care about refs or anything. I am trackable enough by owning a site, being dci content manager and doing a radio show that you can find me. So if I dont know you and you want to trade that is just how i do it now. If I know the person I am trading with say like dasialdon who just posted. I would not even mention to him who is send ing first. IF he and I agreed upon a trade I would send his figure the next day no questions asked. So at this point in my sWM life I am a rule breaker... mainly because I dont trade too much anymore.

For you though... heck I remember being at zero back in the day on wizards. I remember the oh crap feeling everytime I got forced to send first. The 3 weeks of dread wondering if I got screwed. But just to let you know I never did...... so keep trading sith and get those refs up there!!!!

I think yoru experince is a good point. Ref's are just a start. We first got to know each other by a trade way back when. Now I consider you a friend.

So Sith as your rep builds, and as your post count goes up (this is only because people will recongnize your name from the boards, you wont be a strange name they've never seen around), people will start to get to know you, and have more trust. And it works both ways.

It's easier to trade with a familiar name, then a day one, first post name that has no history
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 4:29:29 AM

that works for me guys, I am glad that you all are finally seeing my point. Lucky I have not been scammed yet. Once I almost ended up on the btl because of a misunderstanding, but that got workout real quick. Personally, I feel that I am a good trade, and I will not scam anyone. I hope that my luck stays with me and I don't get scammed in the future. Razz
adminsidious
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 4:35:20 AM

This is a really interesting read!

I have to admit, when I clicked on it in the first place, I expected to see "Moff Jerrjerod" and anything starting in "Duros", as "pieces irrelevent to trading". BigGrin

Thanks Sith.
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 4:38:25 AM

adminsidious wrote:
This is a really interesting read!

I have to admit, when I clicked on it in the first place, I expected to see "Moff Jerrjerod" and anything starting in "Duros", as "pieces irrelevent to trading". BigGrin

Thanks Sith.

lol, now as far as that goes if you want a bad piece to trade, go with Piece Bridage thugs.... I have a few of them and I think the best thing that they would be use for is to be melted down, and put on the back side of a rancor as poop...ThumbsUp
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 5:06:41 AM

OMG I love PEace Brigade thugs!!!!!!

They are terrific fodder..... a gran raider that shoots or can combine fire!!!!!

Dont melt them send them to me!!!!!
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 5:07:59 AM

I think I have 3 or 4 or them got something small to trade me? I am on vassal if you want to pm on there.
joelker41
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 5:08:56 AM

SithflyonBasilisks wrote:
dalsiandon wrote:
I think if someone has a good rep on WOTC or gamers, why shouldn't they share that information? What negative is there really? I understand if your no a member on WOTC, or Gamers, thats fine. But guys like myself or Dean, I have a +20 something here on Bloomilk, +75 on WOTC and a 10 or something on gamers.

Ok, Let me make this very clear... the Trading issue with WOTC or anything else that adds up is not really my issue anymore. Frankly the only reason that I haven't edited it from the original post is because there has been several post on the subject and I don't want to confuse anyone that is reading this for the first time. My issue that really got me the most was the trading half of the product. I do think that it is funny how everyone that is posting is more concern the wotc part of it. I have stated several times that is not the main issue. Guys, would you like some cheese with that wine? Sorry, but everyone that is posting about the WOTC is clearly reading what other WOTC members are posting, more less siding with them, which I understand why, and totally over looking what I am saying about how "THE WOTC IS NOT THE ISSUE." Sorry about the caps, not trying to be rude, but maybe it will get the attention of people doing it that way.... Come on guys.

I guess what I don't understand is why is this in General Discussion and not the trade forum.

Seems like you are in the minority here, I don't see this as an issue and I always tell people about my trades on WotC if we are trading. You may have 14 on here but your history in minis is very small and limited to one site, I have like 25 total trades between 2, that is relevant info. I could care less if someone is +6 on Bloomilk and I am +2, they are sending first when I have that many trades on WotC.
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 5:14:12 AM

yeah, i see you point on that joel. Me personally though, i am not sending first unless the person I am trading with has a high trade history on Bloomilk. The only way that I would send first is if a person had a fig(s) that I would really like to have and could not find them anywhere else. Then, I would got with the wotc score and send first.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 5:35:25 AM

i trade through Bloomilk exclusively, so if someone has a good ref rating on Wiz, i take that into account as well. I will only send out first if the person i am trading with has a higher bloomilk trade rating then I, sure i take the WoTC rating as a sign of good trading, but like i said, this is my exclusive trading site. its nice to see people have great status on other sites, it shows me that i wont get stiffed.
now if someone doesnt want to send to you because they have an altogether trade score of 100 or so (Cumulative of other sites), then dont trade with them, if you dont want to send first that is.
im on this site to the point that if someone offers me a trade, and we agree to it, we send at the send time. this is only with people i see on a regular basis in the forums.
if your score is lower then mine, by alot, i will ask you to send first, thats what the rules of the GTL call for, and i abide by them.
DarthJoe8
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 6:03:53 AM

When I was a noob trader I safe guarded against being scammed by only trading with people who had a proven track record...then when I had enough trades under my belt I would trade with people with lower trades than myself, of course they would send first. Cool