RegisterDonateLogin

Does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Muunlist Grand Plaza ?? Options
TK-4334
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 4:01:31 AM
Groups: Member

Does somebody know where to get this map ?Confused
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 4:06:32 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

If I'm not mistaken, the only DCI legal version of this map is from a 2008 League Kit. The original came with the Clone Strike Starter Set, and has some incorrect/missing terrain markings. As far as where to find one...????

Ebay, I guess.
billiv15
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 4:07:01 AM

The original was found in the Clone Strike Starter Set.

If you are referring to the newer map (there are two different maps for it), it's in the Clone Wars Starter Set I believe.
kenred2
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 4:16:22 AM

billiv15 wrote:
The original was found in the Clone Strike Starter Set.

If you are referring to the newer map (there are two different maps for it), it's in the Clone Wars Starter Set I believe.

CW starter does not have it.... it would be in the promotional CW figure poster on back is the same Muunilist Plaza... but it is a rarity since most CW figure posters contain a comic
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 4:23:41 AM

The newer map is the Muunilist Commerce Plaza. It comes in the Clone Wars Scenario Pack. It is very different from Grand Plaza as the gambit area is completely open. Grand Plaza is a great melee map.

So yeah, if you want the newer one it is easy enough to come by. (for a price)

Edit: kenred2 is correct that the DCI legal version of Grand Plaza has the Clone Wars set poster on the other side. This was a promo item. I got mine at a tournament sometime around the release of CW.
billiv15
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 4:34:42 AM

swinefeld wrote:
Edit: kenred2 is correct that the DCI legal version of Grand Plaza has the Clone Wars set poster on the other side. This was a promo item. I got mine at a tournament sometime around the release of CW.

That is only partially correct. The original Muunalist map is legal as well, there were no changes when it was reprinted for league kits. You are thinking of Bespin and Mos Eisley.

You can use either the map from the Clone Strike Starter (second set of the game, so it's long out of print - ebay and online stores are you best bet), or the reprint of it for DCI play.

As to the Commerce plaza, yeah, I knew CWs Starter didn't seem quite right, but I couldn't remember for sure. CWs battle pack is correct as stated :)
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 5:00:09 AM

billiv15 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

That is only partially correct. The original Muunalist map is legal as well, there were no changes when it was reprinted for league kits. You are thinking of Bespin and Mos Eisley.

You can use either the map from the Clone Strike Starter (second set of the game, so it's long out of print - ebay and online stores are you best bet), or the reprint of it for DCI play.

As to the Commerce plaza, yeah, I knew CWs Starter didn't seem quite right, but I couldn't remember for sure. CWs battle pack is correct as stated :)

Doh! Billiv15 is correct. It was the original Mos Eisley map that had incorrect markings.

Thanks for the catch :)
dalsiandon
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:57:59 AM

I have an extra available for trade. It has a clone wars set poster on the other side.