Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:15:34 AM
Groups: Member

very nice. Lots of good pieces there.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 4:14:57 AM

Joasht wrote:

Now to get that R2D2 :X

It looks like Auggies just restocked with some for $15.
kingsknight
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 4:53:41 AM

I haven't seen the Gungan Shieldbearer mentioned, so I'll do so now. He provides a pseudo-evade that's potentially deadlier. Obviously not as useful if your opponent has accurate shot and/or force-based shooters but a deterrent nonetheless...
Joasht
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:50:39 PM

Just a quick question regarding Order66; does it mean that I can put any version of Palpatine in a squad with them, or must it be specifically "Emperor Palpatine, Sith Lord"?

And does it mean I can add Palpatine to any Republic army of mine, or rather, I can add any Order 66 to whatever faction Palpatine is? I.e. if Palpatine is Separatist, my squad is Separatist?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 7:00:40 PM

It has to be Palpatine, Sith Lord as it is through his CE that allows Order 66 units into an Imperial Squad.

No other Palpatine (or any unit for that matter) has a CE or Affinity allowing clones into their squad.
maverick
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 7:01:05 PM

Emperor Palpatine, Sith Lord has a CE which allows for O66 characters to be in HIS squad. So when playing Sith Lord you can have O66 in his imperial team.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 10:13:04 PM

if ya want to be imperial, and ya want some Sev lovins, ya better have some emp palpy sithy in yer squad, cuz if ya dont.....youll be Scrum.
Squid89
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 12:04:54 AM

Another useful tool on the website while you are trying to build squads and acquire pieces is the "synergy providers" and "synergy receivers" bars below the character listing. When you are looking at a character's stats, look below for these expansion links. It will give you plenty of options of other pieces to get that will mesh nicely with your current pieces.

Nice score on the recent purchases - you have quite a few combinations that will be fun to experiment with. A couple clones in the latest set, Galaxy at War are worth taking a look. Clone Trooper with Night Vision (accurate shot), CT with repeating Blaster (quadruple attack) and CT Pilot (evade) all have some interesting abilities although a bit more costly. The new Rex, 501 Captain also offers a nice movement breaker in his CE if you are planning to play clones anyway.

Good luck and have fun.
Joasht
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 1:02:26 AM

Thanks for the replies!

I'm wondering, how viable/competitive is a squad that revolves around Clones at 150 points? I'm asking because it seems that many Republic squads revolve more around other non-Order 66 models (with the exception of Rex), but there just appears to be so much Synergy going for the clones. Maybe its the points (or lack thereof) forcing people to leave out too many things?

Thanks!
owaller3
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 3:05:18 AM

Joasht wrote:
Thanks for the replies!

I'm wondering, how viable/competitive is a squad that revolves around Clones at 150 points? I'm asking because it seems that many Republic squads revolve more around other non-Order 66 models (with the exception of Rex), but there just appears to be so much Synergy going for the clones. Maybe its the points (or lack thereof) forcing people to leave out too many things?

Thanks!

It all depends on the meta (type of squads you play against). If you think you won't face Yoda on Kybuck or Luke's Landspeeder/Snowspeeder or Lancer Droids it can be quite competitive. Although, in top tier competition you will always face one of these options. If you are going to stick around your Local Game Store (LGS) I would say give it a shot espeically if you pick up the new Obi Wan Kenobi, Jedi General (FlObi). His CE blends well with Rex's, with this combo everyone with Order 66 can move and make all thier attacks (including the extra attack from FlObi's CE) and move back into hiding. This can be very powerful against many types of squads.