RegisterDonateLogin

Many Bothans died to bring us this Milk...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Which of the following are the best? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
General Whorm Loathsom 22 26.829268 %
Cad Bane 6 7.317073 %
Admiral Yularen 5 6.097560 %
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi General 23 28.048780 %
General Skywalker 6 7.317073 %
Commander Rex, 501st Commander 0 0.000000 %
R7 Astromech Droid 12 14.634146 %
B3 Ultra Battle Droid 6 7.317073 %
Rodian Trader 2 2.439024 %

GaW Overall Poll Options
harmonm4
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 10:34:57 AM
Groups: Member

BlooMilk Okay, it's the big poll for the top 3 very rares, top 3 rares, and the top 3
common/uncommon!BlooMilk:

Of the listed minis, which is the all around best mini in the set?

The poll will go for 3 days, so take your time to think about it. Once you vote, you
can't change that voteScared So choose wiselyBigGrin
maverick
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 10:39:04 AM

B3 all the way.
Volvagia14
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 10:45:26 AM

Gotta vote for Obi. I use republic as much as my right hand, so seeing Obi made my heart leap.
thodafett
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:09:34 AM

Cad is a beast no matter what faction he is in, and therefore ImH(umble)O the best overall cause he benefits everyone.
Draconarius
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:12:41 AM

Similar to thodafett's reasoning, I'm picking the R7. Cad can be a beast in any faction, but is he going to be a guaranteed inclusion in every second squad the way the R7 will be? I think not. Therefore, the newest and probably best door control piece in the game gets my vote.
thodafett
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:26:38 AM

Draconarius wrote:
Similar to thodafett's reasoning, I'm picking the R7. Cad can be a beast in any faction, but is he going to be a guaranteed inclusion in every second squad the way the R7 will be? I think not. Therefore, the newest and probably best door control piece in the game gets my vote.

I can't argue that and R7 was my runner-up, nice pick!
mharmon
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:47:23 AM

Wow, after 15 votes, it's almost even across the board! I was kind of expecting 2 or 3 minis to start pulling away with the votes after 10 votes or so. Excluding Rex and the Rodian, this poll looks like it might be closer than I thought. I guess it's a little early to tell still, but I guess we'll see in 3 days. ThumpUp
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:00:00 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

As much as I agree that the R7 is a big deal across the board, I have to go with Whorm. Not only do many of the living Seps (and Fringe) get a new lease on life, but he enables a whole slew of new options for using droids without Grievous DAC. For 20 points. ThumpUp
swmimperial130
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:03:28 PM

swinefeld wrote:
As much as I agree that the R7 is a big deal across the board, I have to go with Whorm. Not only do many of the living Seps (and Fringe) get a new lease on life, but he enables a whole slew of new options for using droids without Grievous DAC. For 20 points. ThumpUp

AND it effects all followers within 6 :D
joelker41
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:00:11 PM

Honestly the easy answer here is FlObi, but he isn't even the best VR from this set let alone the best figure.

Whorm revitalized an entire faction, the B3 reinvented Pawning as we know it, General Skywalker I would argue is the best overall mini in the set, Cad Bane is the most consistent stand alone shooter we have ever seen, and the R7 makes Override available to every faction for a low cost.

Oh...but a guy has SSM...so we'll vote for him.RollEyes ThumbDown RollEyes
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:14:25 PM

joelker41 wrote:
Honestly the easy answer here is FlObi, but he isn't even the best VR from this set let alone the best figure.

Whorm revitalized an entire faction, the B3 reinvented Pawning as we know it, General Skywalker I would argue is the best overall mini in the set, Cad Bane is the most consistent stand alone shooter we have ever seen, and the R7 makes Override available to every faction for a low cost.

FlObi isn't the best R either Wink

As to the points you made - yep!

Well, personally I'd take Boba BH over Cad for 8 more points. 40 more Hp, +2 attack, Accurate, and the fear factor Laugh But Cad is pretty scary after playing against him a couple times so far...can't really argue that one.
harmonm4
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:18:46 PM

joelker41 wrote:

FlObi isn't Very Rare, but I get the gist. I don't think it's purely SSM that makes people vote for him though either. He has a great CE, flight, and a force power that compliments the rest of his skills.

I too, however, would argue that General Skywalker is the best overall mini in the set. And even if he isn't the best in the set, he is the funnest to play IMO. He is, at the very least, a new competitive fighter with a great commander effect all for a decent cost.

I have waited a long time to see a mini of Anakin with these type of stats. General Skywalker is semi-similar to a post of the anakin mini I wanted to see in a thread I posted "....a long time ago in a [thread] far far away" at WOTC. I don't think they made him off of my post, but it's still great to see that mini!BigGrin
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:24:49 PM

Well since my favorite Captain Argyus isnt on this poll ill vote for the R7 cause ill use him more then anything just about from this set
harmonm4
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:03:03 PM

Weeks wrote:
Well since my favorite Captain Argyus isnt on this poll ill vote for the R7 cause ill use him more then anything just about from this set

I was actually expecting Argyus to make it in the top 3 very rares myself, but he missed it just by a little. If I could, I would have put the whole set up for voting, but it allows a maximum of 9.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:17:35 PM

ive got Flobi, and it isnt for Soresu (though it is nice), his CE is the deal sweetener.
im running clone troopers with heavy repeating blasters, and Rex, they are getting 5 attacks GMA style. Yularen makes them even nastier.
i would have gone with Argyus, just because i have a new fascination with the senate guards and the new commandos.
Zalkrie
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:58:52 PM

Went with Whorm because, as stated earlier, he has revitalized the seps. They are competative again. Obi is great, but the Republic faction is not better because of him in my opinion.
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:32:44 PM

Whorm. The Separatists finally getting some non-Droid love is long over due.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 5:33:02 AM

Zalkrie wrote:
Went with Whorm because, as stated earlier, he has revitalized the seps. They are competative again. Obi is great, but the Republic faction is not better because of him in my opinion.

dont get me wrong, seps right now are my favorite faction to run. i just think that Flobi makes up for Mace Windu from CoTF, for he isnt used at all.
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 6:25:02 AM

its still R7 for me. Override for 8 points all factions is too good. Toss in 40hp, and immunity to ion weapons and we have a new staple piece.
VB_Jedi
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 6:57:59 AM

Whorm for sure. He unites the living Separatists and non-living Separatists (which were nearly two different factions before) while remaining competitive.