RegisterDonateLogin

Stacks

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

More Combine Fire questions Options
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:02:31 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I took a look through the rule book and FAQs, so I hope I didn't overlook the answers...

1) Assuming all basic prerequisites for combining fire are met, can a Speeder Bike get help with Strafe attacks from combined fire?

2) Does a ranged character's eligibility (assuming LOS) to combine fire rely solely on having a printed damage rating on it's card, or do other bonuses/abilities which boost damage (cunning etc) affect that as well?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:25:25 PM
Groups: Member

1) Yes, but remember that the bonus would only apply to a singular attack, not the entire strafe.

2) If a character with 0 damage would be able to do damage on an attack (deadeye, opportunist, damage boosting CE, etc.), other characters may combine fire with it.

In order for the character with 0 damage to combine fire however, they must get a flat, non-situational bonus to damage, like that granted by Shaper or the Stormtrooper Commander's CE.
maverick
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:33:55 PM

so you can't combine fire with a caamasi noble unless they have a bonus to damage? I thought that that was allowed.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:40:27 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
1) Yes, but remember that the bonus would only apply to a singular attack, not the entire strafe.

2) If a character with 0 damage would be able to do damage on an attack (deadeye, opportunist, damage boosting CE, etc.), other characters may combine fire with it.

In order for the character with 0 damage to combine fire however, they must get a flat, non-situational bonus to damage, like that granted by Shaper or the Stormtrooper Commander's CE.

#1 - I am indeed aware of that. Still, it could come in handy against key enemies.

#2 - I see, perfectly clear to me now Smile

Thank you very much! BlooMilk
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:48:16 PM

maverick wrote:
so you can't combine fire with a caamasi noble unless they have a bonus to damage? I thought that that was allowed.

The rulebook states:

"...characters who deal no damage, cannot use or benefit from combined fire."

So then a CE like the Stormtrooper Commander's as E.D. mentioned is the only way to enable a Camasi to do so.

I suppose they would be under-costed otherwise Mellow
maverick
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:03:15 PM

i guess they would be undercosted. Its been a while since I've read the ole' rulebook, better take a quick readthrough. Refresh my memory.