RegisterDonateLogin

Crit to hit.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Double Twin and Rend +10/+20 Options
GeneralK7791
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:36:17 PM
Groups: Member

I ran into a head scratcher when I was playing around with General Whorm Loathsom. How would the Rampaging Wampa (assuming it has gotten around Savage with a Varactyl Wrangler, the Jedi Exile, or Exar Kun) or any character with Rend +10 or +20 react to Twin Attack? The definition of Rend +20 is as follows.

Rend +20
If both of its attacks hit the same adjacent enemy, this character's second attack gets +20 Damage.

Glossary Text:
This special ability applies to some characters who can make more than one attack against an adjacent enemy. If two of the character’s attacks hit the same adjacent enemy in a turn, the second hit gets a +20 bonus to Damage.

Does this mean that with Twin Attack the second attack in sequence, or the first twin, would get Rend +20, with the same thing happening on the next set of attacks? Or in simpler terms, would it look like this? Attack, Twin & Rend +20, Double Attack, Twin & Rend +20. ThumbsUp

With Loathsom, the Rampaging Wampa is making 2 attacks then 2 more right? So doesn't it make sense that the Rend +20 could be applied to the 2nd and 4th consecutive attacks? It sure sounds good, but I'm just not sure. Confused
Draconarius
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:52:50 PM

I had to actually look this one up, but I have found it. It is actually covered in the FAQ, under Rend:

Quote:
Rend

Q: If a Yuzzum or Wampa gets an immediate attack or Extra Attack from a commander effect can this attack trigger Rend?

A: No. A character with Rend must hit with both its attacks from Double Claw Attack or Double Attack on its turn for Rend to trigger. Extra Attacks, and immediate attacks that fall before, between, or after those attacks do not factor into the determination of Rend.

The first two normal attacks must hit to trigger Rend, so Twin Attacks do not factor into the equation. Further, only the second of those two attacks will get the bonus damage (similar to how you don't get the +10 bonus from DSSM on Grand Master Luke's twin attack; the ability specifies that only the one attack gets the bonus).

So it ends up looking like this: Attack, Twin Attack, Double Attack w/ Rend +20, Twin Attack
GeneralK7791
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:05:18 PM

Cool - Thanks for letting me know how it works!
headache62
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:57:35 AM

GeneralK7791 wrote:
... the Rampaging Wampa (assuming it has gotten around Savage with a Varactyl Wrangler, the Jedi Exile, or Exar Kun) ...

Just for clarification: Exar does not remove Savage or the Savage restrictions, but because his CE specifies that it affects Savage characters then it does.